asdNzi12

Can't Update

Hi, this is my first time posting something here and English is not my native so sorry for my mistakes.

Yesterday when i tried to update my Emsisoft Anti-Malware i get notification "Could not connect to the update server. Please check your internet connection and proxy settings.", after that notification i checked and my internet is working properly (I don't use proxy), but i tried updating several times today and its still not working.

Im using Emsisoft Anti-Malware 10.0.0.5735 and BitDefender Total Security 2015 on Windows 8.1 64Bit.

BitDefender's firewall is more than likely blocking Emsisoft Anti-Malware's attempt to connect to our update servers. The second set of instructions at this link should explain how to create a firewall exception in BitDefender's software. You'll need to add a rule for the following executable:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Internet Security\a2service.exe

Emsisoft exception was already in BitDefender firewall, but even after turning BitDefender and Windows firewall off still get the notification "Could not connect to the update server. Please check your internet connection and proxy settings."

Is there any way to download update manually and then copy/paste it?

SSL (actually TLS, in the vast majority of cases) is a type of encryption for HTTP connections (the communications protocol used to load web pages and also frequently used to download files over the Internet). Basically it keeps the data exchanged between Emsisoft Anti-Malware and our servers secure, that way anyone snooping (whether it be some government agency recording all data transmitted over the Internet or some criminals recording data passing over infected networking hardware as it moves along to route to our servers) won't be able to make any sense out of the data.

• Upvote 1