balloonshark

BSOD tcpip.sys and fwwfp764.sys

I was playing a game on Steam and I got a BSOD when I exited the game. No other programs were open at the time and the computer has been stable since a clean install of Window 8.1 this year. The game has been working fine for the most part but no BSOD's. I also did a clean install of Emsisoft IS 11.0.0.5911 on the 13th. Here is what WhoCrashed said.

System Information (local)

Computer name: WOPRII
Windows version: Windows 8.1 , 6.3, build: 9600
Windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: ASRock, Z87 Extreme6
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Core i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 17105854464 bytes total

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Wed 11/18/2015 9:50:44 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\111815-6000-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: tcpip.sys (tcpip+0x508BE)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8014FA888BE, 0xFFFFD000A0E743B8, 0xFFFFD000A0E73BC0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\tcpip.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: TCP/IP Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 11/18/2015 9:50:44 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: fwwfp764.sys (fwwfp764+0x6CED)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8014FA888BE, 0xFFFFD000A0E743B8, 0xFFFFD000A0E73BC0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
file path: C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Internet Security\fwwfp764.sys
product: Emsisoft Firewall Engine
company: Emsisoft Ltd
description: Emsisoft Firewall Engine
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: fwwfp764.sys (Emsisoft Firewall Engine, Emsisoft Ltd).
Google query: Emsisoft Ltd SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

fwwfp764.sys (Emsisoft Firewall Engine, Emsisoft Ltd)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination with the errors that have been reported for these drivers. Include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions on the web by users who have been experiencing similar problems.

The dumps are set to auto and it is 2GB. It would take a while plus I have a bandwidth cap. I also can't do at this moment because the guys remodeling downstairs just started and I power off the computer once they start pounding. If you really need it I'll see what I can do but I can't start uploading for another 20 hours. Is the file size ok for uploading to a free dropbox account? I only used once for an OA related dump.

Edit: Also, did you want the mini dump?

Hello,

Thank you for the dump.

The latest beta should fix this problem (11.0.0.5935).

You can receive the beta by switching to beta updates feed in Settings->Updates.

Thanks. I haven't tried the beta because I just saw your post. I just got another BSOD doing the same thing. I press esc to exit the game to its menu screen and then alt-tab because it freezes and then I get the BSOD. It doesn't happen all the time though and didn't happen before the release of EIS 11. Let me know if you want the new dumps and if you still want me to try the beta even though the bsod is not repeatable every time I exit the game.

Thanks. I haven't tried the beta because I just saw your post. I just got another BSOD doing the same thing. I press esc to exit the game to its menu screen and then alt-tab because it freezes and then I get the BSOD. It doesn't happen all the time though and didn't happen before the release of EIS 11. Let me know if you want the new dumps and if you still want me to try the beta even though the bsod is not repeatable every time I exit the game.

Hello,

It'd be great to take a look at the minidumps.

Please upload them.

Thank you in advance,