Steve1209

Unusually Large number of detections today?

Arthur, I doubt CryptoPrevent would put those policies (disable Task Manager, Run and Registry Editor) into a computer though.

Steve, did you install any new programs recently? Or updated any of them?

Alexstrasza,

I installed Acronis True Image 2016 to back up my C: drive.  I updated a few programs, Adguard to the latest beta, CCleaner to the latest version, that's about it.

Arthur,

Can I Quarantine all those entries safely without messing up Windows?

Arthur, I doubt CryptoPrevent would put those policies (disable Task Manager, Run and Registry Editor) into a computer though.

It might create them and set the value to 0, sort of like some other software does (I think Registry Mechanic used to do that, for instance). EAM doesn't read the value, it just shows them in the list of detections if they exist at all, since they don't exist by default and outside of a corporate network where the system administrator wants to prevent users from running certain tools there it pretty much never a legitimate use for them.

Can I Quarantine all those entries safely without messing up Windows?

It is always safe to delete these unless they are something that you intentionally created. ;)