worgeordie

Cannot update

I have several computers,all with Emsisoft anti malware,all work very well,except one,its  laptop,

Win7 Ultimate, 64bits, using windows firewall, I had not used it for 6 days,when I turned it on

Emsisoft anti malware ,it would not update ,automatically or manual ,tried several times,it only

managed 16-26%, then stopped and a message said cannot connect to servers, disabled

firewall still not update, can connect to any site with browser.

So I unistalled and downloaded a new copy,installed,but would not update either,i tried some

of the other recommendations, like uncheck  SSL in privacy settings, still not updating,please

recommend a fix to this problem, my other PC's update no problem.

regards worgeordie

After uninstalling, did you reboot 2 times ?

Did you install the latest version (11.0.0.5958) ?

I had the same problem with a friends computer, got an errormessage: "could not contact server"

But after uninstalling, rebooting 2 times, and installing the latest version  (11.0.0.5958) everything works normally again.

Yes, I rebooted several times,plus I downloaded the new Emsisoft anti Malware

from this site, so it must be 11.0.05958 ,right, but have not checked yet.

regarrds Worgeordie,  P.S. why only one PC ?, the other 9 no problem updating.

Lets get a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

Well I finally got it to update,not sure how but,much fiddling about,safemode,bluescreens,

firewall on-off, many restarts, just hope now it continues to update, dont know why this

particular laptop had a problem,when all my other computers ,update no problem.

thanks, regards worgeordie

It could have been an issue with a networking driver on your laptop. It could have been something else as well.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get updates working again. ;)

I was either having the same update issue as above or a different one, So I uninstalled Emsisoft Anti Malware and After I've re-Downloaded the program and tried to re-install entered my Licence info and I'm still getting the same message that reads ( Could not connect to the update server, Please check your Internet connection and proxy settings) My internet is working fine, And I have never used proxy settings or servers so I'm sitting here on the Installation page and effectively have no security at all. Any Idea's would be helpful - File Version 10.0.0.5735

Try this suggestion by Christian. Worked for me. I was getting the same messages and was not able to update since the last six hours ("Unknown update error").

After disabling encryption the update went through.

Not sure though if these issues are serverside or because of some connection issues on the way to the update server.

Seriously? It's just linking to another thread on this forum.

Ok then, here's the suggestion: 

Hello,

Please open our software and go to Settings subsection Privacy. Disable the option Use SSL encryption for all server communication. Now you are able to get online updates in our software?

No offence intended but all I saw was "This Suggestion" Underlined I had no way of knowing what it was, And as I stated in my 1st comment I have No protection Cant risk clicking links, I will try the full suggestion, Thanks 

all I saw was "This Suggestion" Underlined I had no way of knowing what it was

You could just hover your mouse cursor above the link and (depending on your webbrowser) you should see the URL appearing on the lower/upper left corner. If you're using touch you could touch and hold to see the URL.

File Version 10.0.0.5735

This version is outdated. Re-download it again from "https://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/".

The latest version is 11.0.0.5984.

No privacy option, I have uninstalled the other program done the 2 restarts and am now stuck on 2. Update and of course it wont, I am aware 10.0.0.5735 is outdated but I have no option as my system uses Vista

I have problem cannot connect to the update server,it was perfect today and suddenly cannot update. windows 10 pro x64 latest version

Emsisoft are aware now.

They will sort it.