jimrako

can i use a sandbox program and Emsisoft Internet Security ?

hi . i want use a  program for sandBoxing with my Emsisoft Internet security ! can i use any sandboxing program with my Emsisoft internet Security ?

when a program is sandBoxed . emsisoft Internet Security can check it ? my means emsisoft can check sandboxed program for Behavior block ?

help me plz . and about sandboxing program . what sandBoxing program are you recommend to me ?without conflict with emsisoft internet security !

I would only recommend one Sandboxing program, Sandboxie.   I have used it for years, and it works fine with Emsisoft products.  When you install it, Sandboxie will detect the presence of Emsisoft products and ask you if you want to enable compatibility settings.  You would want to do this.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Pete

• Upvote 2

I use Sandboxie even with Chrome... even though that browser partially sandboxes itself.   :)

I've used Sandboxie for a decade, with Opera, Firefox, IE and lately Chrome. The Sandboxie forum was very helpful in advising me on how to set things up, and solve some issues, when I began using it. I got a lifelong license after using it for free for some months. Only because with the paid version you can set it to do things automatically, so it saved me from having to do them manually by clicking on some buttons now and then. But the free and paid versions are identical besides that. I just got lazy :blush:  so I choose the "everything automatic" version. 

A lot of our customers use Sandboxie along with our products, and problems with it are fairly rare.

... and about shadow defender ! it is good for using ?

All I can really say for certain is that less of our users seem to mention it, and that I haven't heard any reports of issues with it and our software (at least not recently).

Just so everyone knows what it is.  When you place Shadow Defender into Shadow Mode all disk operations are written to a separate area of the disk.   So when you exit shadow mode any and all changes made to the disk(file system) are dropped and the disk reverts to the state when you were shadowed.  It does have a a feature that allows you to save a file that you want to keep changes you have made.

An example of use.  I was testing a bypass to another program by a piece of Ranswom ware.  To test I place my system into shadowmode letting it shadow all threee of my internal disks.  I then turned the ransomware loss and indeed there was a bypass, and it merrily encrypted data on all three disks.  Pretty bad.   But exiting shadow mode with a reboot and all the encrypted files were gone, and the system was fine.

As a PS.   I had to disable EAM/EIS for this test as they shut the ransomware down.

Pete

As a PS.   I had to disable EAM/EIS for this test as they shut the ransomware down.

Yeah, those new changes to the Behavior Blocker in version 11 should be pretty tough on ransomware. ;)

I guess it depends on the sandbox software and how well it 'emulates' your system. At work we have kiosks with Reboot Restore Rx (RRRX) and Emsisoft and it's fully compatible and works fine. Generally speaking I don't have too many conflicts with RRRX as it's still my system but the program sort of I guess maintains it like a sandbox program. That's my two cents I'd be curious to know if any other programs work with Emsisoft.

We often use virutalization solutions such as VMware Workstation and Virtual Box (everyone has their own personal preference). VMware Workstation works fine with our software, however with Virtual Box you have to prevent it from installing its network filter driver, otherwise it can cause random BSoD's when Emsisoft Internet Security is installed (their network filter driver has a very old and very well known bug that they refuse to fix, and it isn't compatible with a lot of software like firewalls).