Aoud

Blocking a range of addresses

Hi! I recently started using Emsisoft Internet security, a number of questions. I need to block connections to a range of addresses, for example 111.221.64.0-111.221.127.255 Нow to do this in the surf protection?
And generally,how to do it correctly? Surf Protection works to block only incoming connections?

Thank you.

Blocking of IP addresses needs to be done in the Firewall rules. The Surf Protection is intended to block domain names, and doesn't work the same as the Firewall rules do.

That being said, there is a bug in Emsisoft Internet Security that appears to be preventing rules to block IP addresses from being processed, so this feature appears to be temporarily unavailable until we can release a beta version with a fix for it.

• Upvote 1

OK. If I block a range of addresses in the firewall, where to put the rule (up or down)?

I'm interested in also , how to use EIS to block the connection and transfer of information with Windows 10 (for example)

choice.microsoft.com

choice.microsoft.com.nsatc.net

compatexchange.cloudapp.net

corp.sts.microsoft.com

corpext.msitadfs.glbdns2.microsoft.com

df.telemetry.microsoft.com

diagnostics.support.microsoft.com ......

and yet...

Enough to make them into web surfing and deny?

Simply put, I want to block, and make it impossible to send data to Microsoft spysmile.png . All addresses and sites I've collected. Changes in the host file ineffective solution.

post-42170-0-09074400-1450530032_thumb.jpg
Download Image

The rule needs to be above Traffic handled by application rules, or the rule will be overridden by the Application Rules.

You can easily add domain names to the Surf Protection's Host Rules, and this will act similarly to a HOSTS file in that it prevents Windows from resolving the IP addresses of the domain names. Just set them to be blocked silently, unless you want to see a notification every time Windows tries to resolve the IP address of one of those domain names. Obviously when blocking specific IP addresses, the firewall rules are the best choice.

• Upvote 1

That being said, there is a bug in Emsisoft Internet Security that appears to be preventing rules to block IP addresses from being processed, so this feature appears to be temporarily unavailable until we can release a beta version with a fix for it.
Obviously when blocking specific IP addresses, the firewall rules are the best choice.

Hi!smile.png Block IP in firewall doesn't work yet,right?

It appears to be partially working in the current stable version of Emsisoft Internet Security. It's blocking HTTP traffic to a blocked IP address, however it's not blocking pings to a blocked IP address.

Sorry for the confusion, but it's not blocking ping by design. You have to create a separate rule to block ICMP (ping/traceroute) traffic.

Please tell me,where will display information about the blocked IP address according to established new (added) global rule?

Hello! The latest beta (11.5.0.6191) solves the problem? Now everything will work as it should?

Yes, it does appear to be working correctly now.

Please tell me,where will display information about the blocked IP address according to established new (added) global rule?

Information about rules being created/deleted should be displayed in the firewall logs. Information about what is blocked/allowed is only available in debug logs, which are turned off by default.