jamjar

EAM and Adguard

Hi 

A recent thread in the EIS forum mentions Adguard’s WFP network driver and possible incompatibility with EIS.

Could this driver cause problems with EAM?

• Upvote 1

No, EAM does not currently use a WFP driver, so there is no possibility of a WFP driver conflict between Adguard and EAM. ;)

I Hope EAM will not use the WFP network driver because as a long time user of Adguard as well as EAM, I'll drop EAM  before I drop Adguard if there is a WFP network driver conflict!  I don't want that to happen!!

• Upvote 1

I don't think we have any concrete plans in this area, however we can't guarantee that we will never add a WFP driver to EAM.

EIS seems to work OK with Adguard, however I have seen strange issues with Adguard blocking network traffic from certain applications on Windows 7 x64, and I'm not sure if it is related to the combination of both WFP drivers of it Adguard just has a bug in its network filtering.

Are you sure you're not experiencing performance issues with that much security software installed, or do you have exclusions in place to minimize those issues?

• Bitdefender Internet Security
  • Malwarebyes Anti-malware Pro
  • Malwarebyes Anti-exploit
  • AdGuard Pro
  • Emsisoft Anti-Malware

They all work just fine together (so far).   :)

1) Uninstall BitDefender because Emsisoft uses Bitdefender signature + Emsisoft, so having BitDefender is redundant.

BitDefender is not redundant if the user wishes to use their real-time protection technology since Emsisoft does not use that. Whether he wishes to use BD alongside EAM or not is up to him.

BitDefender is not redundant if the user wishes to use their real-time protection technology since Emsisoft does not use that. Whether he wishes to use BD alongside EAM or not is up to him.

It is redundant and waste of spaces and resources because Emsisoft uses BitDefender signature + Emsisoft signature + Emsisoft Anti Malware network + Behavior Blocker to block malicious files. BitDefender use the same technology as Emsisoft, so it is redundant to have BitDefender along with Emsisoft. 

... BitDefender use the same technology as Emsisoft, so it is redundant to have BitDefender along with Emsisoft.

The only technology from BitDefender that we use is their anti-virus engine and threat database. Everything else (Behavior Blocker, Surf Protection, scanner, etc) were all made in-house by our own developers.

• Upvote 1

Are you sure you're not experiencing performance issues with that much security software installed, or do you have exclusions in place to minimize those issues?

Even if I only used 1 other program (Malwarebyes for example), I would still add it to the exclusion list for better performance.  That is just smart thinking.   So yes, they have all be whitelisted among each other.

I notice no performance issues, even when gaming.  The 12 GB RAM setup is likely to some degree helpful, though I imagine if I ever did see a performance problem it would hit my CPU first (2.3 GHz x 4 core)

I notice no performance issues, even when gaming.  The 12 GB RAM setup is likely to some degree helpful, though I imagine if I ever did see a performance problem it would hit my CPU first (2.3 GHz x 4 core)

CPU is rarely an issue. I/O congestion is. If you have an SSD you will most likely not notice it though.

CPU is rarely an issue. I/O congestion is. If you have an SSD you will most likely not notice it though.

No SDD on this computer, yet.  That is something to look forward toward in a future build. :)

But you do bring up a good point on why I also white list my defrag program ;)

But you do bring up a good point on why I also white list my defrag program ;)

Yes. Everything that does excessive file reads or opens really. Backup tool would be a prime example for an exclusion as well.

• Upvote 1