Xanthos

Cannot ping or tracert with firewall on

Hello,

Every time I try to ping or tracert with firewall on I get the following message. "General failure". When I disable the firewall, everything works normally. Is is normal behavior for the firewall? I'm using Windows 10.

Did you disable ping replies in the firewall?

I reset the firewall to default settings just to be sure. Nothing changed. So I do not believe ping replies are disabled.

I reset the firewall to default settings just to be sure. Nothing changed. So I do not believe ping replies are disabled.

Hello,

Could you please tell me whether the network type is set to "public" in EIS settings ?

You can see that at Protection->Firewall->Manage Networks.

A screenshot of that dialog would be even better than just a reply ;)

Thank you in advance,

Every time I try to ping or tracert with firewall on I get the following message. "General failure". When I disable the firewall, everything works normally. Is is normal behavior for the firewall? I'm using Windows 10.

This is normal behavior if your network type is set to "Public", or if Emsisoft Internet Security is not able to detect your network adapter.