fax

Latest beta updates block wifi card?

Just an heads up... since I have updated to the latest beta of EIS (6026 and 6054)  50% of the times the wifi drivers would not load at boot. Therefore the WIFI on the system (Surface Pro on windows 10 64bit) would not work. Went back to the stable release and all seems fine again.

I am not sure how the beta can block the drivers/wifi. May be just a coincidence? Anyway reporting this before this goes mainstream...

Happy to troubleshoot if needed.

Thanks,

Fax

Lets try getting some debug logs, and see if that shows the cause of the issue.

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security from the icon on your desktop.
  • In the 4 little gray boxes at the bottom, move your mouse into the one that says Support, and click anywhere in that gray box.
  • At the bottom, turn on the option that says Enable advanced debug logging.
  • Either click on Overview in the menu at the top, or close the Emsisoft Internet Security window.
  • Reproduce the issue you are having with your wireless drivers not working (you can restart your computer if necessary).
  • Once you have reproduced the issue, open Emsisoft Internet Security again, and click on the gray box for Support again.
  • Click on the button that says Send an email.
  • Select the logs in the left that show today's dates.
  • Fill in the e-mail contact form, and be sure to mention who was helping you, and if possible please leave a link to the topic on the forums that the logs are related to in your message.
  • If you have any screenshots or another file that you need to send with the logs, then you can click the Attach file button at the bottom (only one file can be attached at a time).
  • Click on Send now at the bottom once you are ready to send the logs.
Important: Please be sure to turn debug logging back off after sending us the logs. There are some negative effects to having debug logging turned on, such as reduced performance and wasting hard drive space, and it is not recommended to leave debug logging turned on for a long period of time unless it is necessary to collect debug logs.

Thank you GT500, I have just sent now the logs referring to your request + hyperlink to this thread.

It is definitively something within the latest update as I can reproduce the problem 100% of the times (moving from stable to betas)

We received your message on our helpdesk, however I don't see any logs attached to it. Can you try sending again, and double-check to make sure that the logs are selected? The contact form should look like the following if there are logs to attach:

post-18745-0-64891800-1452068769_thumb.p
Download Image

If you don't see a list of logs on the right side, then please check to make sure that debug logging is turned on (you'll need to go back to the Overview screen and follow steps #2 and #3 in the instructions in my previous post to check the setting).

weird, should those logs be ticked to be sent? I have ticked on all of them but then the sending was indeed too fast.

Anyway, I have installed the new version 6054 and so far I could not replicate the issue. If it will happen again I will forward the logs.

Thanks,

Yes, you have to put a check mark in the box for each log you want to send us.

If it happens again, then I recommending getting new debug logs for our developers.