Stripy

Problem with emsisoft service on windows 7 pro 64 bit

I am having problems with the latest EIS 11.0.0.6054, the service is not responding, and after uninstallation the service is still present so I have to manually remove the service in order to install previous version of EIS. But the problem is when I install previous version it immediately update it self to the new version.

EDIT:

I have newly installed OS three days ago with sp1 included without any other update except KB2958399 .

post-36593-0-20502000-1452018943_thumb.jpg
Download Image

I have managed to install previous 11.0.0.5984 version after i switch off the internet, and after that I have disabled updates, but it's not the solution. Is there any way to enable signature update, and disable software update untill you fix this error?

Maybe if I put Update feed to "Delayed"?

Count me in too. Just got home and saw that message. Uninstalled, two reboots, installed again, all fine until update and request for reboot. Same problem again

You need to install Windows Updates. Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 doesn't include support for SHA2 certificates, and currently the Emsisoft Protection Service is only signed with a SHA2 certificate.

At the very minimum, you need to have this update installed on Windows 7 (along with Service Pack 1 of course) to add SHA2 certificate support to Windows 7:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/3033929

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46148

You need to install Windows Updates. Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 doesn't include support for SHA2 certificates, and currently the Emsisoft Protection Service is only signed with a SHA2 certificate.

At the very minimum, you need to have this update installed on Windows 7 (along with Service Pack 1 of course) to add SHA2 certificate support to Windows 7:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/security/3033929

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46148

Thanx, it work

Well I can't install the independent UPDATE, it says "update not applicable". But I don't find the

KB3033929 update on the list of KBs installed either. Before I keep cursing at windows and trying to fix it, please tell me this: The previous updates worked fine, they used other kind of certification? Only the last one was SHA2 exclusive?

You may have disabled the update. Some people did in the past because on a very small number of systems the first versions of the update ended up in a boot loop. If you still can't install the update, you can uninstall EAM/EIS and download a complete setup from here:

Emsisoft Anti-Malware:

Emsisoft Internet Security:

Then perform a reinstall. The new setup may complain about an Emsisoft product already being installed. For cases like these we provide a special Emsisoft Clean utility, which will search for any Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Internet Security remnants on your system and remove them for you. Please note that this powerful tool is not intended to be a replacement for the default uninstaller shipped with our products. So only use it after you tried the shipped uninstaller.

You can download Emsisoft Clean here:

After you finished downloading, simply start the program. Read the disclaimer carefully and click "Yes" if you agree. The program will now scan your system for any remnants and display a list of everything it found. It usually is safe to just remove everything except folders. Emsisoft Clean can't know if the folder still contains any data you may need later, which is why those entries aren't checked by default. Emsisoft Clean is capable of removing the folders as well, but before you enable the check box in front of any folder entries, make sure you carefully checked their content for valuable files.

Once you finished your selection, simply click the "Remove selected objects" button. The tool will eventually ask you to reboot. Save all your open work and perform the reboot as requested. After the reboot you should be able to install Emsisoft Anti-Malware or Internet Security just fine.

Did Emsisoft cared to notify users about the issue? I have spent several hours and now got here to know this. I hope Emisosft is well organized company, not an open-source like forum.

Totally agree! Company like emsisoft can't presume that everybody have this update installed, or any other update in the future need.

Totally agree! Company like emsisoft can't presume that everybody have this update installed, or any other update in the future need.

Sorry but this is nonsense.  You guys just made microsofts case for forcing updates down everyone's throats in win 10.   All any company can do is make sure it's software works with an up to date system.  Keeping the system is up to date is the user responsibility.

Also just how would any company be able to notify every effected user about this.  I bet the extra work would almost double the product cost.  Just think about what would go into that.

Keeping on top of updates is the most important line of defense. If we don't expect our users to update their systems properly, we could just as well close our doors because there is no way we could protect such a system.

Also just how would any company be able to notify every effected user about this.  I bet the extra work would almost double the product cost.  Just think about what would go into that.

We have a system set up for automated mass e-mails already, however to use it for something like this in such a way that every user who has purchased a license key through our online store or who has an account in our License Center would receive the e-mail pretty much guarantees that at least some of the major e-mail providers will begin blocking our mail server for unsolicited bulk e-mails. You'd also be surprised at the number of people who get upset when they receive such e-mails.

Hi Arthur

No I wouldn't be surprised, in fact I probably am one of them.  I indeed would be annoyed at getting an email from every vendor telling me I should keep my system up to date.  On the other hand I wonder how many of the threads in the Help I am infected thread would be necessary if people did regular backups?  Hmmm

... On the other hand I wonder how many of the threads in the Help I am infected thread would be necessary if people did regular backups?  Hmmm

Making a backup of the entire computer (system imaging/ghosting/cloning/whatever you want to call it) could certainly reduce that number by quite a bit. The real issue there is knowledge. Most people just don't know much about these things, and don't tend to understand what a system image is or how it could help them. Since it takes a certain amount of time commitment to learn those things, and of course the motivation to want to learn it, I don't expect that to change. Especially since so many people believe they can't understand these things.

Of course, even if system imaging is too complicated for someone, regular old-fashioned data backups are still critical. There's nothing worse than a hardware failure or an infection that causes you to lose irreplaceable data, and being stuck without a backup. These won't stop an infection, but they can help reduce the scope of the damage by ensuring important files are preserved in a safe place. ;)