I haven't had my laptop on for nearly two months, so when I turned it on all programs had to be updated. After Emsisoft updated it scanned and when the scan was finished and I closed the window there was an error window behind it. I have attached here.

Also, where do I go to find out if my version has been updated; to find out which version I have?

post-26590-0-07024000-1452638329_thumb.jpg

Is the error you saw easy to reproduce? If so, then you can submit the error report directly from the error message, and our developers will receive it. Also, our developers would like some debug logs, assuming you can reproduce the error message. Here's instructions for doing that, if you can:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Internet Security from the icon on your desktop.
  • In the 4 little gray boxes at the bottom, move your mouse into the one that says Support, and click anywhere in that gray box.
  • At the bottom, turn on the option that says Enable advanced debug logging.
  • Either click on Overview in the menu at the top, or close the Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Internet Security window.
  • Reproduce the issue you are having.
  • Once you have reproduced the issue, open Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Internet Security again, and click on the gray box for Support again.
  • Click on the button that says Send an email.
  • Select the logs in the left that show today's dates.
  • Fill in the e-mail contact form, and be sure to mention who was helping you, and if possible please leave a link to the topic on the forums that the logs are related to in your message.
  • If you have any screenshots or another file that you need to send with the logs, then you can click the Attach file button at the bottom (only one file can be attached at a time).
  • Click on Send now at the bottom once you are ready to send the logs.
Important: Please be sure to turn debug logging back off after sending us the logs. There are some negative effects to having debug logging turned on, such as reduced performance and wasting hard drive space, and it is not recommended to leave debug logging turned on for a long period of time unless it is necessary to collect debug logs.

As for the Firefox issue, there's a short explanation here as to why you are seeing the alert.

What happened has not happened again and I would have no idea how to reproduce it. f it happens again I will refer back to this email and try to follow through on what you have given me. 

In the  meantime, I don't have 4 little gray boxes on my Overview screen. I have 4 large, bright blue boxes. Could you please clarify this for me?

post-26590-0-75631600-1453421765_thumb.jpg

I see now that there is just the most faint shadow under those blue boxes. But after I do #2, which is to click anywhere in that gray box where it says Support, it just takes me to on online support page. Where am I supposed to be able to do #3. At the bottom turn on the option that says Enable advanced debug logging?

This computer has Windows Vista? If so, then you still have Emsisoft Anti-Malware 10, and it won't have the Custom Support screen that was introduced in a recent update to version 11. We also won't be updating version 10, as we are discontinuing support for Windows XP and Windows Vista at the end of April. You can read more about support for Windows XP and Vista being discontinued at this link.

Heck of a deal. Isn't Microsoft continuing support for Vista until April 2017? If that is the case, why are you guys stopping support a year earlier than that?

And why didn't I receive some kind of notice about this when you did the recent update to version 11, (which I now see I don't have) or when I purchased a new license for one year just recently? Right now my program doesn't expire for 535 days.

P.S. I have been in the process the past few days of trying to find a Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit disk so that I can do an in-place upgrade to my Vista. 

Heck of a deal. Isn't Microsoft continuing support for Vista until April 2017? If that is the case, why are you guys stopping support a year earlier than that?

Microsoft sort of forced the issue by refusing to release an update for Windows Vista to enable SHA2 certificate support, so we're going to have to discontinue support for Windows Vista as it is no longer possible to obtain older code signing certificates that work with it.

And why didn't I receive some kind of notice about this when you did the recent update to version 11, (which I now see I don't have) or when I purchased a new license for one year just recently? Right now my program doesn't expire for 535 days.

Our public announcement for end of support for both Windows XP and Windows Vista was made on June 24th, 2015 and anyone subscribed to our newsletter or our blog's RSS feed would have received it automatically, and it should have appeared in the news notification in Emsisoft Anti-Malware around the time it was published when updates were installed automatically (unless displaying news was turned off). We don't send out notifications or alerts via e-mail to those who have not signed up for them, as most e-mail providers would block us for spam.

P.S. I have been in the process the past few days of trying to find a Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit disk so that I can do an in-place upgrade to my Vista.

I would believe that doing an in-place upgrade requires an Upgrade disk, and I am not finding any sources for Windows 7 Upgrade disks that I know are reputable. Both Amazon and Newegg have OEM copies still for sale, however you will more than likely have to do a fresh installation of Windows when installing from an OEM disk. You may want to ask around at local computer stores to see if anyone still carries Windows 7 Upgrade disks that you can purchase.