goodron

Scan Silently for scheduled scans are not silent

The scan silently for scheduled scans are not silent, and it's information text suggests it runs minimised, with an active icon in the system tray. I find that EIS runs full screen, and pops up in front of whatever I am doing. It does disappear after the scan completes fortunately.

The OS is Windows 8.1, the EIS is current and is set to use beta updates, but have seen this issue for some time regardless of version.

edit: OK missed the inclusions notice first time:

• EIS Version is 11.0.0.6054
  • Windows 8.1 x64 - ver command reports "Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]"
  • Other software of note: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium - Version 2.2.0.1024
  • This is repeatable on this device and for good measure I tested this on a Windows 10 machine which also exhibits the same issue

Attached image shows schedule settings

post-37154-0-28788300-1452767679_thumb.jpg
Download Image

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Would it be possible to delete your scheduled scans, reset Emsisoft Internet Security's settings back to factory defaults, and then try again? Here's how to restore factory default settings (please feel free to export your settings first to make a backup):

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on the Factory defaults button near the upper-right.
  • Make sure that everything except Clear all logs and reset counters is selected.
  • Click the OK button to apply the changes.
Import/Export of settings is right above the button to reset the settings to factory defaults.

I'm not able to reproduce this issue. Would it be possible to delete your scheduled scans, reset Emsisoft Internet Security's settings back to factory defaults, and then try again? Here's how to restore factory default settings (please feel free to export your settings first to make a backup):

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on the Factory defaults button near the upper-right.
  • Make sure that everything except Clear all logs and reset counters is selected.
  • Click the OK button to apply the changes.
Import/Export of settings is right above the button to reset the settings to factory defaults.

Thanks for the response. I have tried the steps as suggested but the issue remains. Oddly I created a new test 30min quick scan schedule which also popped up full screen, but I subsequently deleted it yet it still runs, even though I now have no scheduled scans listed at all?

I am thinking of doing a full uninstall and re-install but will wait unless more information is required?

A reinstall should clear all settings (it will delete the various settings files and replace them with new copies), and might resolve this issue. If it doesn't, then we will need debug logs.