JigDog

Emsisoft firewall conflict with Ethernet

The problem I have when the Emsisoft Firewall is enabled is that when I connect to the Internet, the connection is intermittent,(sometimes it connects and sometimes it does not), if it does not the default gateway has to be reset to get a connection, then the speed is very slow. I have tried two different controllers on the motherboard (one Realtek and the other Intel), have exchanged the gateway modem and cables and rerun setup with my Internet Provider.

The firewall status connection meter is very choppy and not the straight line that is normal.

When I disable only the Firewall in OA, everything is normal and can run Windows 8.1 Firewall with OA with no problem. I am also running Emsisoft Anti-Malware and have scanned with zero threats.

Can you help me fix this issue??

I did not run the files because it does not seem to be an infection, more of a configuration problem, but if those are still needed just let me know....Thanks

If I read correctly you are running both OA and EIS.  Not surprised there are issues.   To get a clean start I'd uninstall both OA and EIS and then do a clean EIS install.  

Hello,

the support of Online Armor will be dropped on the end of April 2016 and we do not fix any Online Armor bugs anymore.

But normally there should no conflict between your ethernet adapters and Online Armor that will affect your connection status and/or connection speed. You can try to reinstall Online Armor. If you want do this uninstall Online Armor and reboot your computer twice. Then reinstall Online Armor and check if the issue occurs again.

We suggest to merge your Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Online Armor licenses to a Emsisoft Internet Security license. You will find a FAQ entry for this task on: https://helpdesk.emsisoft.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/83/48/how-can-i-switch-from-emsisoft-internet-security-pack-to-emsisoft-internet-security-9