Louisaz

IF I am using Emsisoft Anti-Malware do I need the EEK #11

I'm a huge fan of Emsisoft.  For a "belts and suspenders" second opinion, I use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (premium), which works will with EAM.

It would seem that IF EAM is doing its job, the new EEK #11 would be superfluous for PCs running EAM.

Does EEK #11 have detection capabilities not included in EAM?

Thanks...

Louis

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I downloaded EEK #11 and ran it.  Absolutely NOTHING was found -- no PUPS, nothing.  That's reassuring.

Also, EEK #11 downloaded and installed without issue.  The scan was VERY fast.

Best,

Louis

Another small addition. The detection between EEK and EAM are not different. However, the removal process is better. Where EAM usually can not remove all found malware it could be done by EEK .

EAM sometimes can not remove everything and then you refer to the forum. With EEK you do not ( probably)

EAM sometimes can not remove everything and then you refer to the forum. With EEK you do not ( probably)

It would seem that IF EAM is doing its job, the new EEK #11 would be superfluous for PCs running EAM.

You are correct. It's intended for scanning computers where EAM is not already present, such as when technicians want to use it to scan a computer they are working on.