tempnexus

EIS won't start after the update.

So I come back after few weeks turn on the PC, EIS says it has updated itself and needs to restart the PC.  Ok so I do just that.

PC comes back, I log into windows...don't see EIS icon next to my clock.  So I right click on EIS and tell it to execute with admin rights....hour glass...EIS won't show up.  However, it's running in the task bar.

So I uninstall EIS. do a clean wipe with the EIS clean up utility...download a new version....install.  It works fine....then after few minutes it tells me that EIS has updated itself and needs to reboot.  SO I do that...back to square 1, now no EIS.

BTW I am in the Beta distro list and the version I got from the site was Jan 5th version...so is the beta of EIS borked?

It shouldn't be, but there was a beta released just today if I remember right. I'm not sure why it would have grabbed a Jan 5 version.

I would recommend re-installing, leaving the update feed at Stable, then updating. See if it continues to work properly after no updates are available, then switch back to Beta to see if it works. At least then we'll have an idea if it's the beta release you're downloading, or some other issue.