Sign in to follow this  
Guest Christan

Crash Report

Guest Christan

The installer closed and then it popped up with that message, I copy and pasted it and clicked OK. I even tried to open the shortcut after it installed but it still would throw up the same error.

What other security software (anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall, etc) was installed on the computer this happened on?

Guest Christan

I don't have anything else installed for real-time other than EAM, I only have on-demand scanners. I use HitmanPro, Zemana, Malwarebytes, Microsoft Safety Scanner, Norton Power Eraser and TDSSKiller.

If you look in the folder that EEK was extracted to (should be something like C:\EEK), does it have both the bin32 and bin64 folders inside it? Is there anything inside these folders?

Guest Christan

Yes it has both bin32 and bin64, towards the end when it is finishing extracting bin64 the error would pop up, but now its extracting it and I can see the program but it still won't allow me to launch it. When I do click on it I get the same error code.

post-35915-0-32274000-1454109827_thumb.png
Download Image

post-35915-0-39665900-1454109834_thumb.png
Download Image

Do you have something like 7-Zip, WinRar, or WinZip? If so, try right-clicking on EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe and extracting the contents manually. It's just a ZIP archive that's bundled inside an EXE so that it will automatically extract when you open it, but any archive manager that supports ZIP should be able to extract it as well.

Guest Christan

I used 7-Zip and it didn't work, it still won't launch.

UPDATE: After I still had it extracted onto my desktop, I booted into safe mode and it works perfectly fine and it also works in a clean boot state. So apparently something is conflicting with it, I'm not sure what or why.

Lets get a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

This is one good example of why you should never force upgrades to new versions to be installed on your customers computers....

Please don't hijack other peoples' topics.

Here you go.

The log shows drivers from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Zemena AntiMalware running, even though their services are stopped. It's possible one of these drivers may be related to the issue. Would it be possible to temporarily uninstall these softwares to see if that has any effect?

Guest Christan

I uninstalled Malwarebytes and deleted the portable Zemana file, still nothing. I installed Zemana before but uninstalled it when I found the portable version but this was before this became an issue.

Please download the following fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

fixlist.txt

NOTE: It's important that both files, the FRST download from earlier and the fixlist file, are in the same location or the fix will not work. If you need to, please copy the files from your Downloads folder to your desktop.

• Run the FRST download from earlier, and press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs to restart your computer, please make sure you let the computer restart normally. After that let the tool complete anything it still needs to do.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog). Please attach it to a reply.