AjaayJohnston

Is Emsisoft Anti-Malware compatible with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Hi, I've searched through forums to find the answer to my question but haven't been satisfied with what I have found/ read so far.

So I just wanted to ask.. I was running AVG with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Full version) until I came across Carey Holzman's video on youtube about Emsisoft etc. So i got rid of AVG and completely replaced it with Emsisoft Anti-Malware. I love it so far and decided to buy it after my free months trial but I also really like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. So I just wanted to know am i safe enough to run them both side by side? Again... I have a paid full version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware and full paid version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware that you can see from the picture I have included below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-42976-0-52439600-1453637266_thumb.png
Download Image

How to add exclusions in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

You will need to add the folder C:\Program Files\Emsisoft Anti-Malware to MBAM's exclusions.

How to add exclusions in Emsisoft products

You will need to add these files depending on your system:

1) For 64-bit Windows:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
2) For 32-bit Windows:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

Hi in theory zemana antimalware (i have this) and mbam not need exclusions but for precaution or perfomance is better do it In Emsisoft you can add all that folder to exclusions C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\ and  the other one  a file solely maybe they work well together dont worry .

Hi in theory zemana antimalware (i have this) and mbam not need exclusions but for precaution or perfomance is better do it In Emsisoft you can add all that folder to exclusions C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\ and  the other one  a file solely maybe they work well together dont worry .

Just to let you know that EIS will not compatible with MBAM because of the drivers conflict between these two. Since I see you are using Zemana and MBAM, I definitely will say drop MBAM and use Zemana because it lighter, and good file protection. 

I dont know about MBAM haves problema whith his driver maybe they have to solve this. As in my case  i dont know if semana antimalware are compatible whith emsi, i am testing for now no crash no interventions whith one and other program, all work ok. Zemana at the same of mbam Premium detects files on execute, emsi detects files on the fly before they was wirte in your disk or in the read and modification (by default and recomended for peromance cuestions). In theory Zemana and emsi or mbam and emsi will be compatible if you not are an experienced user . Just use emsi and the malwarebytes free versión  i see is very rare mbam catch something who emsi dont i test emsi and give my Word  you are safe.  I tell you something What do you thijng have to do when MBAM or emsi tries to quarintine same file or quarintine between they? its acomplex problem and if you dont know how to do exclusoins you maybe have several troubles

Jerky, The Banned, please keep the topic hijacking to a minimum, OK? ;)

As for the topic at hand, the information posted by Sintharius should be enough to get you started. If you need anything else, then please be sure to let us know.