Sign in to follow this  
The Banned

One cuestion about realtime scaner and on demand

I have a cuestión i see realtime scaner scans only new or modificated files by default but i dont know if on demand scaners do that. Realtime scaner stores a cache of no modifed files but on demand do that too? Maybe is a stupid cuestión but i like to know to set up my security seetings.

The on demand scan will scan everything that the scan type you select tells it to scan, regardless of whether the real-time protection has already scanned a program.

Sorry I dont see your answer. I really want to know if emsisoft stores a cache of analized files in real time protection to be smoth and ligther whith the use. Second is the same cuestion but in on demand. Today i perform a full scan whith direct disk access and it takes 3 hours but affter i perform a malware scan predefined and it takes less than 3 minutes is this normal? A malware scan in 3 minutes ? not quick scan

We don't cache things after they are scanned (we stopped doing that a few years ago). We do use methods to speed up scan times, however our developers don't disclose what those methods are, and they don't work like caching where one scan will make another scan faster. The methods we use are intended to make every scan faster, including the first scan you run.

It's normal for the Malware Scan to be very fast. This is intentional, as active malware is only present in certain parts of the system, so it isn't necessary to scan a lot of things in order to catch it.

Thanks again Arthur. For me is incredible 3 minutes i use webroot and never compares in speed, you solve mi inquiri if is need close the post but incredible really. I think something bad whith av for the speed but no. Thanks for confirm i never see a quicker scan.

We don't usually close topics manually when done with them, however I can close it if you want me to.

Thanks bro I can not send you private mensajes because my warning points but for me is the same open close. I only ask close because i am done but if are more useful stay open for me is the same

Thanks bro and congrat for that fastest scaning It are a evidence about emsi center on prevention and not in cleaning (clean good but prevention better) IF i need i can reopen a post send you a e mail