PeterNauta

Update today

Hello, after update today of Internet Security and necessary reboot after the update I noticed that my Google toolbar was missing and I got all kind of warning messages of script errors at almost every website I normally visit

I expected to have relationship in today update of EIS so I did system restore to yesterday, started normal, Google toolbar was there again and also all websites could be visited without any problems.

after I restarted following the EIS update of today again: the toolbar was missing again and also all script errors got back

also when visiting this forum

2 examples are here as example

I did some extra searching for an answer:

The problems only seems to occur in IE 11, in FF, Chrome and Opera there are no script warnings.

There were no patches or updates for IE11 yesterday or today. Only new item which causes to my opinion this problem is today update of EIS.

I put the laptop for the second time back again with restore to yesterday, again all was working fine after that.

The problem with script warnings came back again after the update of EIS and the restart after the update.

so, what would be the solution for this?

EIS 11.00.6131

W7 64 bit Home

all patches, updates and whatever are up to date

fiber optic network, IPv4 and IPv6 are possible, depending on where I work in building 

post-28702-0-86406400-1454417638_thumb.jpg
Download Image

post-28702-0-86998300-1454417665_thumb.jpg
Download Image

Same thing happened to me this morning. I confirmed that Emsisoft was responsible for this annoying event. but don't know what to do about it. I also posted to the anti-malware support group before I saw this post.

If I look at those script errors, I can see that they are often for things which a given page is trying to load. It looks like ads, Google snooping etc. And, yes, my Google toolbar is gone.

Katie

Windows7-64, IE11

Hello,

your google toolbar is also gone from the installed program list in your Windows control panel? Can you please try to disable the Enhanced Protect Mode in your Internet Explorer.

You will find a tutorial to disable the Protect Mode on: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/31977-internet-explorer-enhanced-protected-mode-turn-off.html

Maybe the initial post wasn't clear enough?

I haven't changed anything, all was working fine before.

Problems started after installing the fresh update of EIS.

Today again, to test what you suggested: I restored system to February 1, rebooted, all was working fine with AND without Enhanced Protect Mode.

Prompt of update of EIS after few minutes, waited some time to do the testing if all was working fine, it did, toolbar was there, no script errors. 

Restarted again because program wants me to and than the same problem occurs, no Google Toolbar and constant script errors.

Seeing the first post and testing again today I am pretty sure that this is caused by something in the update of EIS, not because of something changed here or adjusted.

In mean time there were also no updates or patches installed of any program, just the new version of EIS.

post-28702-0-48163600-1454503012_thumb.jpg
Download Image

post-28702-0-52259600-1454503027_thumb.jpg
Download Image

This advice is for Windows8. Both Peter Nauta and I are using Windows7-64. There is no option for following these instructions in WIndows7. I disabled the self protection, restarted my computer, and still have no Google tool bar, and still get the annoying script errors, even for the Emsisoft Web site.

KT

Would you mind turning on beta updates under Settings/Updates? We just released a new build that should hopefully fix these issues in the beta tree. Please let me know how the new update works.

I don't know if I want that.

I am running my business on this laptop, I don't want to endanger it by getting problems with beta things.

I have sone very bad experiences with that in other software.

What I find quite difficult in this and maybe KT in Illinois also, is that I report something wrong with detailed what I tried, what didn't work, provided screenshots, etc.

Like always in my professional career in usinng pc/software since 1989 is that at first always is looked at disabling this, enabling that, changing bla bla, stopping this process etc etc etc etc

All these things what should be adjusted in some way did work perfectly beofre and didn't have ANY influence before but first gave problems AFTER the update of EIS.

To my opinion it is pretty clear after my removing, restoring and again updating that bthe problem is in the EIS update.

Maybe tomorrow afternoon I can try at home with the laptop of one of my children. They have exactly the same problems. 

When something would be wrong with the beta I don't mind so much when the laptop won't woirk for a few days.

With this laptop I don't take any risks, I also put back all the enabled/disabled/stopped/whatever back to what it was, I don't want any risks

I am running my business on this laptop, I don't want to endanger it by getting problems with beta things.

In that case you may want to opt for the "delayed" update tree for the future, that gets program updates at a later time so you won't be affected by overlooked incompatibilities.

I did find the option for enabling/disabling enhanced protection mode. It was already disabled in IE11 on my system. Can you please do some more checking for further options to try? In the meantime, I will be forced to go back to the restore point from before the Emsisoft upgrade.

Thanks.

Hello, I did the beta update.

It worked, Google toolbar is back, no script errors anymore.

But, as soon as I put the update from Beta to Stable EIS asked me after some minutes to restart the computer after an update and after that, no Google toolbar, script errors again, etc.

I just did this Beta update once to check if it worked, but seeing the risks of Beta in software, I don't want to keep it in this Beta update mode.

But when I put it back in Stable I get immediately the wrong version again.

So maybe you could make this hotfix in the stable version very soon?