Sign in to follow this  
hackerman1

Don't Force Updates

I got the same problem (with EEK 11) yesterday...

Only EAM installed, no other Antimalware-programs.

I fixed it by deleting the whole EEK-folder, and reinstalling EEK 10....

This is one good example of why you should never force upgrades to new versions to be installed on your customers computers....

This is one good example of why you should never force upgrades to new versions to be installed on your customers computers....

Please don't hijack other peoples' topics.

No, i did not post that !

I got the same problem (with EEK 11) yesterday...

Only EAM installed, no other Antimalware-programs.

I fixed it by deleting the whole EEK-folder, and reinstalling EEK 10....

I confirmed that i had the same problem, as it might be helpful for you to know that Cristian is not the only one afftected.

Then i added a comment about the cause of my problems, your forced upgrade to EEK 11...

But i understand that you don´t want to hear about it... :P

But i understand that you don´t want to hear about it... :P

No, I don't want you to hijack other users' topics. You have your own topic to make your case in, and please keep in mind that our forum Terms of Use do specify that each user post a new topic even if more than one person is having a similar issue. I am usually fairly lenient about enforcing this rule, however there is no reason for you to insist on making your case about updates in someone else's forum topic when it is clearly disruptive and causes confusion for the user who opened the topic to seek support for an issue they are having. Please note that this is the last warning I am going to give.

That being said, I will reiterate that we do not provide support for older versions of our software. As of version 11 there is an option for a "Delayed" update feed which works similarly to the idea of delayed updates in Windows 10. Since there are currently no older versions of EEK 11, this option will not help you any, as it didn't exist before version 11 and you won't be able to downgrade to anything older.