niNio

Reinstall Question

Since emsisoft updated today, it didnt work properly. it refused to start at startup and didnt show in Icon Tray even though the a2guard.exe was shown in the Task Manager.

So, I decided to uninstall it and make a clean installation of EAM. everything seems to work properly, the only question I have is:

I had quarantined files in the (x86) folder and since emsisoft is now working on 64bit too , after the clean install i relaised it changed emsisoft destination 

from C:Program Files (x86) to C:Program Files.

now the remained Qurantine folder is at x86 and not integrated with emsisoft product.

Do i have to copy the qurantine folder into the new emsisoft folder? or should i reinstall again and change emsisoft direction to the x86 folder?

should i delete it permenantely? or is it safe to leave the Qurantine folder as it is, and it doesn't affect anything?

Im using Emsisoft Anti Malware 11.0.0.6131 on Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks in advance.

Hi niNio smile.png

You can delete the Quarantine folder, since it's of no use anymore. The malicious files that have been quarantined by Emsisoft are neutralized in the process when being moved there, so they cannot be executed. But since a new Quarantine folder have been created under Program Files, you can delete the one under Program Files (x86). You could even delete the whole Emsisoft folder under Program Files (x86) assuming that the installation really moved under Program Files.

Do i have to copy the qurantine folder into the new emsisoft folder? or should i reinstall again and change emsisoft direction to the x86 folder?

should i delete it permenantely? or is it safe to leave the Qurantine folder as it is, and it doesn't affect anything?

Do you want to keep the quarantined files? If they don't matter, then you can easily delete that old Quarantine folder without any repercussions.

If you do want to keep them, then restarting your computer in Safe Mode by following the instructions at this link will allow you to copy the contents of the old Quarantine folder into the new Quarantine folder.