Missing system tray icon

jamjar

Hi

If I restart my PC with the system tray icon showing, it still shows once it's restarted. But if I shut my PC down and start it, the icon is missing. Double-clicking the desktop shortcut, the icon re-appears.  

Is protection still working if the icon is not showing?

Hi

Further to my earlier post. I started my PC, the icon didn't appear on the taskbar but this time when I double-clicked on the shortcut, the icon still didn't appear.

I then looked at the control panel (where you can select which icons appear on the taskbar) and there is now a new "Emsisoft Real-Time Protection" entry listed. This new entry has the green icon next to it but set to default behaviour "Only show notifications". As expected, when I change it to "Show icon and notifications" it appears on the taskbar. The entry that used to appear on the taskbar now has no icon next to it (and there's one from a week ago when the same thing happened). 

The missing tray icon has been an issue on and off for some time.

We have a beta of a hotfix that may resolve this issue. If you would like to try it, then here's what to do:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.