Sign in to follow this  
minegroasprilla

Problem: ntdll.dll

Lets get a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

Could you try the following, and let me know if that helps?

• Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware from this link.

Could you try the following, and let me know if that helps?

• Uninstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Emsisoft Anti-Malware from this link.

Using your link, the program does not work. So, I downloaded the program again from the Web and I can install good, but I get the same error with ntdll.dll

May I ask what doesn't when you try the link I posted? Are you not able to save the installer somewhere, or does the installation fail?

Are there any error messages when the installation fails? Have you tried disabling COMODO's software while installing? The old version won't work with COMODO installed, and you'll need to install the new version from the link I posted.

You can try starting your computer in Safe Mode With Networking and try installing that way to see if that works as well.

Are there any error messages when the installation fails? Have you tried disabling COMODO's software while installing? The old version won't work with COMODO installed, and you'll need to install the new version from the link I posted.

You can try starting your computer in Safe Mode With Networking and try installing that way to see if that works as well.

Man, I followed the steps but then, I get the same problem with "Access Violation - ntdll.dll".

I think the problem is on Windows 10 because a friend has EAM and CF on Windows 8.1 and it works perfect.

If you can't get the latest version installed in Safe Mode With Networking, then you'll probably have to uninstall COMODO's firewall so that you can install the latest version. The older version you are trying to install is not compatible with COMODO's software, and won't be capable of running while COMODO's firewall is installed.

3 things:

1. If Emsisoft is not compatible with Comodo, solve the problem.

2. I had mentioned that I uninstalled Comodo, but the problem with ntdll.dll continues. That's not a solution.

3. I have friends who have latest version of EAM and CF on Windows 8.1, and 0 problems.

I don't want to change EAM, but you don't want to solve my problem.

2. I had mentioned that I uninstalled Comodo, but the problem with ntdll.dll continues. That's not a solution.

May I asked where this was mentioned?

If that dll file is damaged, I would get the Media Creation Tool and get the latest Windows 10 dvd or usb version. Open File Explorer and run SETUP.EXE. That will do

a repair reinstall, which will keep everything you have installed. DO NOT BOOT the dvd or usb stick.

You cannot compare Windows 8.1 and 10. 10 is an animal unto it self.

If that dll file is damaged, I would get the Media Creation Tool and get the latest Windows 10 dvd or usb version. Open File Explorer and run SETUP.EXE. That will do

a repair reinstall, which will keep everything you have installed. DO NOT BOOT the dvd or usb stick.

You cannot compare Windows 8.1 and 10. 10 is an animal unto it self.

Thanks for your help.

So, you think the problem is on Windows. ok, that's coherent (In this forum I've seen other users with the same problem).

Only thing I can add is dump Comodo. Heard too much about them. Something damaged that file and is grabbing their area of memory which

should not happen with Win 10.

If you need to repair Windows System Files in Windows 10, then you can try the following:

• Right-click on the Start button.
  • Click on Command Prompt (Admin) in the list.
  • Type SFC /SCANNOW into the Command Prompt, and then press Enter on your keyboard.
When the process is done, it may need to restart your computer.