Dan2

CLOSED Manual Updating GUI Issue

Hello!  This morning my internet service was acting up, believe due to local thunderstorms in the area.  EIS was not able to auto-update.  When my internet eventually started working, I attempted to do a password necessary manual update.  I had the GUI opened.  Usually, it will show "Initializing", and it will have a "Gauge" which shows it has activated and doing downloads.  Well this time nothing appeared on the GUI.  It was inactive.  Eventually the downloads successfully completed, and the pop-up alert arose stating it completed.  However, no activity on the GUI.  It was still showing 10 hours since last update.  

When I hovered over the Emsisoft symbol in the taskbar, this showed it was now up to date, but not the GUI.  I then closed the GUI and re-opened it, and it then appeared to show it was up to date.

Had your computer been restarted in between the time you noticed the issue, and the time the issue appeared to have resolved itself?

Had your computer been restarted in between the time you noticed the issue, and the time the issue appeared to have resolved itself?

No, I don't believe so.  I was having a problem at the time with internet service, and I believed that EIS was not able to auto-update.  I now just tried a manual update again and it is working normal.  I just figured I would mention this when the GUI was unresponsive, just in case there was some type of problem occuring with it that maybe needed to be looked into.

Dan2: I've experienced this behaviour too and reported it in the EAM section last week ( http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/19763-strange-behaviour-on-updating).Since then, I've noticed that the 'strange' behaviour occurs on larger manual updates, e.g. after my computer has been shut down overnight. But a 'little' update, say an hour or so later, gives 'normal' behaviour, corresponding to your observation. I also looked at the files reported in the log, and their timestamps (and only theirs) are indeed those of the update. So, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the updating as such. As GT500 said, it seems to be a GUI thing. Even so, I hope it gets fixed sometime!

Dan2: I've experienced this behaviour too and reported it in the EAM section last week ( http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/19763-strange-behaviour-on-updating).Since then, I've noticed that the 'strange' behaviour occurs on larger manual updates, e.g. after my computer has been shut down overnight. But a 'little' update, say an hour or so later, gives 'normal' behaviour, corresponding to your observation. I also looked at the files reported in the log, and their timestamps (and only theirs) are indeed those of the update. So, there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the updating as such. As GT500 said, it seems to be a GUI thing. Even so, I hope it gets fixed sometime!

Thanks for mentioning this Alan S, there does appear to be something occuring with the GUI.  This was the first time I noticed it not working right and figured maybe with the new version release something was going on.

Has there been an issue since the program update on Tuesday?

Today when I turned on my computer in the morning, I waited because usually EIS quickly begins to update itself, however this morning it did not.  I then again manually launched the program to update.  This time the GUI showed it updating, however when it reached 8% it did not visually advance from that point.  

EIS updated fine, but again visually the GUI is not responding properly.  I don't want to sound like I am complaining, just wanting to bring it to the attention of the Emsisoft Team, whom I am sure are probably already aware of what the program is doing.  Anyway just a follow up to your question as to what as a user of EIS I am experiencing after the latest update.  Keep up the great work!

Some others have reported issues with the UI having issues with displaying the update progress. It's possible that this is a symptom of the same issue.