Paul76

adserveresl.js downloaded without any prompt

When going to this site,

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2620111-demarcus-cousins-throws-ball-at-chris-paul-in-clippers-vs-kings-game

A file is automatically downloaded called adserveresl.js when I click on the video down towards the middle of the page. It's put in my downloaded files folder but it has 0KB so maybe it's nothing. It's still a little strange for that to download automatically and not be caught by Emsisoft.

You would only be alerted if it was a known malicious file, or if something that wasn't trusted tried to execute it. It's just a JavaScript (based on the file name), so something else has to process it.

It does seem a bit odd that a web browser would save a JavaScript in your Downloads folder without asking. Have you tried this in any other web browsers to see if this happens anywhere else?

It does seem a bit odd that a web browser would save a JavaScript in your Downloads folder without asking. Have you tried this in any other web browsers to see if this happens anywhere else?

I should've mentioned that I am using Microsoft Edge. It does seem a bit flakey to me so more than likely I will pick another browser. It was just more simple to have only one browser to deal with.