Paul76

Trying to reproduce a bug and have.

Yesterday I wanted to uninstall Emsisoft Internet security and just reinstall with the new file on your site. The installation seemed to go well. It goes through the whole thing about enabling pup detections and then it says it wants to restart so I do that and then I come back and run a scan to get everything green and good to go. Then I import my application rules and go to change my scan performance settings to high like I always do but one thing I noticed is that all the boxes for my processors were unchecked. It may have been the imported application rules but it really doesn't make sense to me because that's just application rules and should not effect whether processor check boxes remain checked or not.

a2rules and nothing else. Maybe that's the problem?

It was really strange when I went to the scan performance settings to find out all 4 cores were unchecked. I'm sure it was just something that I did. Seems to be fine now. Btw if they are unchecked does that mean the scanner no longer functions?

... Btw if they are unchecked does that mean the scanner no longer functions?

I tried to reproduce this, and was able to get it to show none of the CPU cores selected in the list (this is normally not possible), and while the scanner worked in my case I can't be certain it would have worked in yours without knowing what ThreadAffinity was set to in a2settings.ini when you had this issue.

If you import a2rules.ini again, are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, then we can try to get some debug logs.

I wouldn't worry about setting up logging until you know whether or not you can reproduce the issue. If it's reproducible, then logging can be enabled later.