JeremyNicoll

Whitelist complaint

I know, from previous use of EAM, how to add entries to the Whitelist.  But no-one could possibly understand how to

use the dialog based on the totally inadequate information in your help file, which only says:

The Manage whitelist button allows you to specify files or folders to exclude from scanning and/or from

real-time monitoring

Surely you can do better than that?

The dialog itself is well overdue for a rewrite.  It's user-hostile. 

There's no explanation at all of what a 'Name' represents, if one wants to whitelist one, instead of a file, folder or

process.  What's it the name OF?

If you return to the dialog having previously added file or folder definitions other than trivial ones of items in the

root folder, you can't see enough of the listed file/folder paths to tell entries apart.  There's not even a tooltip

that pops up to show the whole value of something.   Surely you can do better than this?   (I know one can

export the list and then browse it, but that doesn't necessarily help you then click on the right entry in the GUI.)

There's no explanation at all of what a 'Name' represents, if one wants to whitelist one, instead of a file, folder or

process.  What's it the name OF?

It's the malware or detection name. The dialog is pretty messy, I agree. It's on our list of things to improve.