Carelia

The updating process of EEK totally woided

ey.

my versio of EEK is 10.0.0.6081 and the operating system of my laptop is Widows 10. I have updated my EEK after 61 days of not using it. It takes lot of time as it used to take with updating EEK. The progress meter works correctly and at last the read out was 100%. Then the EEK window disappeared. After that I have restarted my laptop and have launched newly EEK. The result was same as before the update. The attachment shows the situation after updating process, ergo ”has been updated 61 days ago”. Thus updating process was totally voided.

Just some comments about it?! Is this again kind of cosmetic issue or what in the world? Like it was the desktop updating issue last time?

post-39784-0-22308200-1458664748_thumb.jpg
Download Image

Please delete the version of EEK that you have, and download the latest version from this link. You can also get a zipped copy at this link if you would prefer. Both versions are the same, but the EXE will automatically extract, whereas you have to manually extract the ZIP version.

Now the EEK seems to function again. The right way to delete the EEK may be just delete the whole folder (ctrl-alt-delete). And then install the newest version?  Should I do the same thing with the old FRST folder which seems to be next below the EEK folder. 

Yes, you can delete the old EEK folder, and the old FRST folder. Unless you may need anything in one of their quarantines, then there shouldn't be any need to keep them.

Note that technically EEK doesn't actually get "installed", it's just a folder named EEK that gets extracted to the root of your C: drive, and deleting this folder removed EEK. There is a driver that can be registered, however this driver only runs when EEK is running and needs to use it, and if you have Emsisoft Anti-Malware installed then EEK should use the driver from that instead of installing its own.