second opinion scanner ?

Hello 

i have Emsisoft IS in my own system, 

But i want a second opinion scanner ... 

between these which is better ? 

- MalwareBytes

- Hitman Pro

- Zemena AntiMalware

It completely depends on what you want to use it for. In terms of protection it is not necessary, EIS is well able to protect your system. If you just a second on-demand scanner, you could try all three, just see which one suits your needs best.

Thanks Elise :) 

yes it is not necessary , just in case i want a second scanner in my system :)

well i want to know what do you think about that three opinion scanners... 

but i think malwarebytes is better than others... 

anyway i'm waiting for another ideas 

Thanks dear siketa

Actually my friend say is will be better if i use second and third opinion scanner ( zemana + malwarebytes ) :D

what do you think?  ( because i'm test and run the malwares 24/7 :D

May I recommend the free cloud scanner herdProtect as a second opinion scanner? It is powered by 68 anti-malware engines, among them from the top brands, one of them being Emsisoft.

Can't hurt together with Emsisoft IS on your machine, specially not because herdProtect does not protect you while you are surfing and downloading stuff, and Emsisoft IS does.... but as a second opinion scanner it might be the best one. And it removes detected malware for free.  :)

• Upvote 1

yes right now i have Emsisoft + MalwareBytes + Herdprotect  on my own system :) 

thanks my friend that is very powerfull :D

yes that is correct , but i use that sometimes for scan and another side that ask about files before remove ... so we can click on trust this file :D

I've had some false positives in herdProtect. But when it detects things it also offers the option to report them as false positives to herdProtect. I've done that a few times when I began using it. A day later when I scanned again they were no longer appearing. So herdProtect had looked into them and no longer flagged them as malware. Since then -months ago- I've not seen any false positives.

• Upvote 1

Personally, if I could only pick one, I would go with Malwarebytes. But I know that the folks at HitmanPro are doing a great job as well. I don't have many experience with Zemana, so I can't say.

• Upvote 1

Last week I received an email supposedly from a company telling me I had made a substantial payment to them. In case I wanted to review the payment, "see attached document"... sure... :D

I searched for that company on the Internet, but found only a company with a slightly similar name, but not with the exact same spelling as the one the email came from.

So I knew right away this was malware, and via the free version of MailWasher I have forwarded it to SpamCop. (SpamCop informs the ISP of the spammer or malware spreader that their service is being abused by so and so.)

But I have MailWasher set to render only the first 50 lines of text, as SpamCop only needs to see the header of the email to know where it originally comes from. So I decided to also read the email in my Opera browser -12.17- integrated email client, to see if there was more text in that email. There wasn't. Then I scanned with all the anti-malware scanners I have: herdProtect, Malwarebytes, Hitman Pro, and Emsisoft Internet Security. 

None but latter detected the 3 trojans that were in that attachment. Good for Emsisoft!  :thumbs: