bluescreen

Please help me stop blocking my own email.

ON EDIT:   My computer mysteriously restarted itself, and the problem was gone when I came back.   Very strange.  I guess I am okay, unless this sounds suspicious and like I have got malware.   Thanks. 

I got an alert from EIS that a program was trying to install silently in the background, so I quarantined it.   It was actually Thunderbird trying to update itself.  I realized as I was quarantining that it was a Thunderbird update, but I quarantined anyway, because I figured it was only an update, and given the suggestion of sneakiness in the alert, I thought I would research to make sure it was a legitimate update.   I thought it would merely prevent the update installation, but it blocked Thunderbird altogether. 

There are only four malicious items in my quarantine folder, and none of them are Thunderbird.  When I try to launch Thunderbird, nothing happens. 

I did find Thunderbird in the quarantine log and deleted that, but I guess it was just a log entry.  I still can't launch the program. 

How do I reverse this and get my email program back.  And in the future, if I want to prevent an automatic, silent  update, how do I do it without blocking the entire program? 

Thanks in advance for helping me.  

Bluescreen

Windows 7, 64-bit

Emsisoft Internet Security

See edit to original message:  

ON EDIT:   My computer mysteriously restarted itself, and the problem was gone when I came back.   Very strange.  I guess I am okay, unless this sounds suspicious and like I have got malware.   Thanks very much for being here. 

It's possible that quarantining the file disrupted the update process, so your computer needed to be restarted to complete it.

Does the Behavior Blocker log say what file the alert was for?

Was Thunderbird.exe in a folder like C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird or was it in a folder named "Updates"?