Cube

a computer resource problem prevents loading essential protection components

Hey guys,

I am experiencing the same problem on an EAM for Windows XP installation. Have tried the steps proposed above (also tried changing the paths approprietly on the txt files you give) but unfortunately I had no luck solving this.

I'm attaching my two log files.

Thanks in advance

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Please download the following fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

fixlist.txt

NOTE: It's important that both files, the FRST download from earlier and the fixlist file, are in the same location or the fix will not work. If you need to, please copy the files from your Downloads folder to your desktop.

• Run the FRST download from earlier, and press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs to restart your computer, please make sure you let the computer restart normally. After that let the tool complete anything it still needs to do.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog). Please attach it to a reply.

Hey @GT500,

thanks for your reply. Did what you asked and it went smoothly even though I had already deleted the folder you mention on the fixlist.txt. Anyway it works now, so all is good. I'm attaching the fixlog.txt for you.

Fixlog.txt

It wasn't the folder that needed to be deleted. Even though the file was gone, the epp32 driver was still registered, and it was preventing Emsisoft Internet Security from registering its own copy of the EPP driver. Now that the old driver is no longer registered, you shouldn't have any more trouble. ;)

Having the same problem on another computer running XP with EAM. Unfortunately I cannot download the fixlist.txt file for some reason (the forum that is) to try the fix posted on this thread. Would you like some log?

Thanks in advance

... Anyway I run the sc delete epp32 command and after a reboot the problem is solved.

Yes, that should be the correct command for Windows XP.

Keep in mind that Windows XP has major security vulnerabilities that are never going to be fixed, and is currently not safe online regardless of the protection you have installed. We recommend upgrading to a newer operating system if at all possible (even if it's just something like Linux, BSD, ReactOS, etc).