Mostafa Elbadry

Problem with update

hey there 

i have problem with emsisoft internet security that is un able to update if the computer was turn off for along time let's say 13 hours or more it shows it's updating through UI but it keeps shoeing this like for ever screenshot available

the only solution was to turn off emsisoft and run it again

i hope to solve this as soon as possible  

post-26250-0-18499100-1460219463_thumb.png
Download Image

I've run into the same problem with this latest EIS build (running under Win10 x86).

I use this OS only 2 or 3 times a week. So each time I boot, its signatures are two or three days old. When I attempt to update manually, the Overview screen shows an update grinding away but never completing (today it kept that up for a couple of hours). Finally, I tried to cancel the update and EIS gave the "cancelling" message, and it kept that up indefinitely (still grinding away as I type this -- take a look at the attachment.)

Never had this problem until the current build (11.6.0.6267).

post-2831-0-27189300-1460225170_thumb.jpg
Download Image

@redactor

As you are a tester and you are experiencing this issue with a beta build, it would be better if you posted about it in the beta tester area.

@redactor

As you are a tester and you are experiencing this issue with a beta build, it would be better if you posted about it in the beta tester area.

Yeah, I know. I forgot where I was on the board and I lost track of whether this was a public beta or a private beta. Then when I got to the Testing Corner section, I didn't feel like making another entry there.

I have the impression, lately, that there's little chance of a reply over a weekend.

Some of our staff works on weekends, however I usually don't, which is why the forums don't get much attention on weekends.

i have problem with emsisoft internet security that is un able to update if the computer was turn off for along time let's say 13 hours or more it shows it's updating through UI but it keeps shoeing this like for ever screenshot available

There's a known issue with the update progress indicator in the UI, where it doesn't display the correct update progress. Do you see any issues with updates failing in your update logs?

Some of our staff works on weekends, however I usually don't, which is why the forums don't get much attention on weekends.

There's a known issue with the update progress indicator in the UI, where it doesn't display the correct update progress. Do you see any issues with updates failing in your update logs?

the update never complete so there is no logs 

the issue is the same as redactor said

OK, lets try the following, and see if that helps:

• Uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Emsisoft Internet Security from this link.

OK, lets try the following, and see if that helps:

• Uninstall Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Restart your computer twice.
  • Download and reinstall Emsisoft Internet Security from this link.

i already installed emsisoft on fresh copy of windows and till now no problem 

A reinstall often fixes update issues, so even if it is a recent installation it is still worth trying a reinstall just to see if it does fix it.