Hello,

I have tried slot of times but my pin doesn't work anymore. If I want to chance my settings in SMS control I have to fill in my pin. After checking my pin code on my.emsisoft.com it still doesn't work. 

Hello and thank you for contacting our support.

I'll try to get more information from our developers on how this problem can be solved, I'll follow up as soon as possible.

Please make sure that you've observed the PIN code/password from the correct anti-theft connection. To do so, please visit my.emsisoft.com, click the link "Anti-Theft" at the top or the map symbol/picture to proceed to the anti-theft screen with the actual map.

Now please click the little white triangle in the back area next to the mobile devices name above the map to open the drop down menu to choose from available anti-theft connections. If there is more than one connection please go through all of them. First choose a new connection, then click the button with the small three dots (...) which you will find at the left from the map, then click "Show password" to review the PIN code.

In the meantime if I can assist any further please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Hello Thomas,

I have seen the pin on my.emsisoft.com. Also when I want to use App lock it doesn't work because before using I need to fill in my security pin. But also then it isn't working either. I just fill in the pin and it repeats me to fill in the pin again.

Hello and thank you for the additional info.

I apologize for the late reply, unfortunately I was not able to get a definite answer earlier.

Our developers let me know that if the pin doesn't work, then the only solution is to uninstall the application then re-install it. I'll send you instructions for a workaround which you can use if the code is requested when trying to uninstall the app.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Today I bought a new phone. The HTC 10 and now everything works fine exept the app lock. After locking a app with a pin it is still accessible. I have seen another post of this problem and it is a known problem by the developers.

I wait until the next update and let you know.

Hello and thank you for your feedback.

For Android version 6, sadly this is indeed a know issue which we hope to have resolved soon.

If you should run a different Android version, please could you let me know the specific version number?

Hello,

Sorry for my inaccurate reply, App Lock doesn't work with Android Version 6 and upwards.

Our developers let me know that we'll fix this issue with an update as soon as possible.

Hello Thomas,

After the new update today of EMS the app lock feature has to work probably now. But is doesn't. Same problem as before.

Hello and thank you for your message.

I'm sorry to tell you that this specific update to version 2.0.5 only fixed a problem related to App Lock for Android version 5.

Incompatibility of the App Lock feature for Android version 6 sadly still persists, we'll solve this in one of the next updates.

We'll add an entry for Emsisoft Mobile Security to our changeblog and post changes related to our security app there as well soon: http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/

I'm sorry for the circumstances.

Hey dear,

I posted a topic like 2 weeks ago, that the APPLOCK doesn't work.

After this update, it still doesn't work.

Samsung Galaxy S5

Andriod 5.0

Thank you,

Bart

Dear Bart,

Thank you for your feedback.

There is a built in optimization feature available and automatically active on Samsung devices, this feature can interfere with Emsisoft Mobile Security, please make sure to exclude Emsisoft Mobile Security from optimization. You can find manuals on how to manage this feature pretty easy using Google, for example one is available here.

Please also make sure there are no apps running that optimize/clears cache/data of other apps and that no other security apps are installed. If you can exclude all of the above, possibly the upgrade installation was not enough in your case.

Please open your phones settings and under "Security" disable Emsisoft Mobile Security as device administrator, then please uninstall the app completely and re-install it from scratch from the Google Play Store.

It would be great if you could let me know if these infos can help you to get App Lock work as intended under Android 5.0.