I followed the instructions on the "Announcement: Start here..." page. I downloaded both EEK and FRST files. I was unable to update EEK because I cannot connect to the internet. My network settings show that I am connected to my network with internet access, but internet access is unavailable. I ran an EEK Scan without the update. The scan log is attached. FRST will not scan because it wants to update as well. I am unable to send an FRST log.  Please send further instructions if needed.    EEK Scan.txt

I am going to have you run two tools that target Adware and Junkware in general.

Download AdwCleaner and save it on your desktop.

• Close all open programs and Internet browsers (you may want to print our or write down these instructions first).
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Clean button.
  • Confirm each time with OK.
  • You will be prompted to restart your computer. A text file will open in Notepad after the restart (this is the log of what was removed), which you can save on your desktop.
  • Attach that log file to your reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

NOTE: If you lose that log file for any reason, you can find it at C:\AdwCleaner on your computer.

Download Junkware Removal Tool and save it on your desktop.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it.
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Attach the JRT log file to a reply by clicking the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.

Thank you for your instructions, Kevin. I am sorry for my late response.

Is there a way to be notified when a reply is sent to my post?

I installed AdwCleaner and when I click it to run I am asked if I want to allow the program to make changes. I click yes. The program does not open nor is the program even listed in the "Tasks Running" list. What does happen though, is another MyOsprotect64.dll window pops up.

JRT also has been installed. Clicked on it to run and a Command/Prompt window appears with the text "Checking for Updates" and nothing occurs. The malware on my computer disallows it to connect to the Internet.

-Jade

Started the laptop in safe mode. AdwCleaner does not open at all. I double click it and then open the task manager to see if it trying to open and AdwCleaner is not on the tasks list.

JRT will open. The command prompt screen appears and says "Checking for update..." It was like this for an hour.