Saturn5

Detailed Firewall LOG option

Hi

Please, where I can see all connection attempts, accept or refuse (for example: Protocol and Port used, Program, etc...).

I need see this information but I'm not found it in the Firewall LOG options (Emsisoft Internet Security, obviously).

Thank you very much.

Regards.

That information is only stored in debug logs, which are off by default due to the huge amount of hard drive space they use and the performance issues they can cause. Debug logs are also not really intended for users to read, and won't be in a user-friendly format. You can turn them on by doing the following, however I recommend not keeping them on very long and deleting the old logs so that they don't waste a lot of hard drive space:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security from the icon on your desktop.
  • In the 4 little gray boxes at the bottom, move your mouse into the one that says Support, and click anywhere in that gray box.
  • At the bottom, turn on the option that says Enable advanced debug logging.
You can find the debug logs by doing the following:
  • Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually in between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap the R key to open the Run dialog.
  • Type the following into the Run dialog, and then click OK:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Emsisoft

Hi

Thank you very much for this information.

But, I have a problem with the Firewall options that I am not able to find to solve it. I will try to explain it:

I use the VLC program for a connection of Video/Audio streaming (MPEG-4 & H264), but always, after that playback starts the Audio and Video streaming are frozen to the 4 mins. and 20 secs. exactly (always to the same time to the 4 mins. and 20 secs.).

But, just in this moment, if I turn off or disabled the Firewall option in Emsisoft Internet Security, then automatically the Video and Audio streaming with VLC works again continuing the streaming playback without problems until the next 4 minutes and 20 seconds (then the Audio & Video signal with VLC stay frozen again).

With a Wireshark I could see that to the Source Port is 32914 and Destination Port is: 8208 (the Ports never change, always are the same for this type of VLC connection).

The VLC program is allowed at all levels in the Program Rules.

I have also tried to add a new Firewall rule allowing the Input/Output traffic using UDP Protocol with Ports: 32914,8208. But the problem persists.

Please, any idea to solve this mysterious problem...?

I'm totally disconcerted :blink:

PD:

The only data that I have for this streaming connection are (really, this data are the only that I need for established this streaming connection):

- Service Location (multicast): rtp://@239.0.0.19:8208

- Source Port: 32914

- Destination Port: 8208

Also, I tested with another Service Location (multicast): rtp://@239.0.0.16:8208

- Source Port: 32914

- Destination Port: 8208

And the result (problem, better say) is the same in both/all cases with Video & Audio streaming with the VLC software version 2.2.2 Weatherwax.

I have enabled the "Advanced debug logging" option and then I reproduced the problem again to send all this information at your Technical Support.

Specifically:

- Start time Video & Audio streaming with VLC, was: 19:46:04 H.

- Exact time that the Audio & Video streaming were blocked or frozen, was: 19:50:24 H.

How you can see, the elapsed time is 4 minutes and 20 seconds, exactly.

I attached 4 files generated in the directory Logs. This files are compressed into a single file called 'Logs_Emsisoft Internet Security (28-Apr-2016).RAR' in WinRAR format.

Also, I attached 2 files in JPG format for you information additional.

One of them is another JPG file with a new Rule in the Firewall options specifically for this connection with the VLC program.

This two files are compressed into a single file called "New Rule Firewall for VLC streaming (28-Apr-2016).RAR" also in WinRAR format.

Regards

--

Emsisoft Internet Security Full 11.6.2.6338 stable [es-es]

OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Version 6.1, Build 7601, 32-bit Edition)

Edited by GT500
Removed logs from post.

I removed your logs. They contain your license information, and shouldn't be posted publicly.

When you created the rule to allow ports 32914 and 8208, did you move the rule to the top of the list?

Hi, Arthur

I removed your logs. They contain your license information, and shouldn't be posted publicly.

When you created the rule to allow ports 32914 and 8208, did you move the rule to the top of the list?

Thank you for delete this personal files (it's was a despiste for my part).

Yes!, that is. The new Rule was moved to top of the list (FYI: I attached a screenshot where you can see this new Rule with name 'Acceso seguro MOVISTAR-TV').

Regards
--
Emsisoft Internet Security Full 11.6.2.6338 stable [es-es]
OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Version 6.1, Build 7601, 32-bit Edition)

post-43287-0-41241500-1461944467_thumb.jpg
Download Image

Yes. This possibility I also used it to test, but the result was the same.
That is, the Video and Audio streaming froze at 4 mins. and 20 secs. exactly.

Hi

I have an open Ticket with Emsisoft Tech. Support: #ATG-142-12467

Today, by request of the Technical Support, I send this new information.

The error still occurs in the same time interval. That is to 4 mins. and 20 secs. of reproduction of Video And Audio streaming through the VLC v2.2.2 program.

Regards

I see you've sent David some logs to look at. I'll go ahead and let him assist you, since it looks like he's a little further along than I am. ;)