iammike

Factory Defaults Clear All logs ... not working as expected

Under Reset to Factory defaults, there is an option that says "Clear All logs and reset counters"

It resets the counters but for example the Update Log and the Surf Protection log are not cleared.

Not a major issue, but I just noticed it.

If you do the reset a 2nd time the Update and Surf logs are cleared, but the Behavior is not .

Click the reset a 3rd time then the Behavior log is also cleared.

Strange

I can confirm this. But when I reset a 2nd and 3rd time, the Behaviour log and also the Quarantine notification in the main GUI are NOT cleared. I can clear all logs manually but I am stuck with a Quarantine notification area in the main GUI that states there are files in quarantine that I have already deleted.

Any ideas how to fix this manually?

Edit:

After a computer restart it now says "0".

Did trying to use the factory defaults function more than once help them to be reset properly, or did it not help in your case?

I can reproduce the issue and it's probably related to the new method we use to speedup a2start loading.

a2start always sits in memory now, so it seems that it's not refreshed properly.

a pc or service restart reloads a2start and refreshes the gui, which fixes the issue.

Did trying to use the factory defaults function more than once help them to be reset properly, or did it not help in your case?

I tried running it consecutively three times and that did not help.

However, since updating to v11.7.0.6394 yesterday evening, the function appears to be working as it should (I'm always on the stable update feed).

I tried running it consecutively three times and that did not help.

However, since updating to v11.7.0.6394 yesterday evening, the function appears to be working as it should (I'm always on the stable update feed).

From what Frank said above, it sounds like restarting your computer after trying to clear the logs will resolve the issue (or at least works as a temporary workaround until we can really fix it).

Any news when this will be solved ?

In version 11.7.0.6394, you still have to click "reset" several times for all the Logs to be cleared

This should be fixed in the latest beta version (11.8.0.6439). If you'd like to try it, then here's how to install it:

• Open Emsisoft Anti-Malware.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.
  • Upvote 1

Just an FYI: I was told that the fix should be in the next beta update, and not in the current one.

In the current release version 11.8.0.6465 when you select (under Factory Default ) Clear All logs and reset counters,

All Logs and counters are cleared.

Thanks Guys