elitethem

Emsisoft signature database not updating

Hello Emsisoft forum,

I haven't been able to update signature database for a the past 3 days /73 hours. I tried to uninstalling Emsisoft and reinstalling still not working (error im getting please check proxy and internet settings) I also tried doing a clean install of Windows 10 x64 pro still not working. So i tried an different antivirus program e.g Avast, Avira, and Eset and all of them updated the signature databases 100% fine.

Clearly there's a problem with dl.emsisoft.com where the database updates from from. ffs I cannot even download from http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe I get errors.

I have no choice but to buy Eset and use that. Im clearly very disappointed at Emsisoft. I even sent Fabian Wosar letting them know that there is a problem with the servers (dl.emsisoft.com and that cdn.emsisoft.com was working) but I didnt get a reply. Pretty sad I think HIGHLY of Emsisoft. :(

Thanks,

Daniel

I have not experienced any problem with EAM updating over the past couple of days, and the Emsisoft download link in your post is accessible for me using Chrome to begin the download.

When I experience any accessibility problem, I use DownForEveryoneOrJustMe to determine if the desired site is working, or if the problem might be my own setup.

Perhaps your firewall or some other security component on your computer is blocking your connection to Emsisoft's download servers?

Good luck!

Just noticed this similar complaint over on the EIS Support discussion board.

Good luck!

Wont need it I voted with my wallet  Im trying to get to the bottom of it anyways because there "behavior blocker" is one of a kind and I really like it and to help other people that might come cross this problem.

I can download from http://dl.emsisoft.com/EmsisoftAntiMalwareSetup.exe now using Edge browser and Google Chrome, but not Cyberfox so there's a bug I need to report to Troy. #1 problem solved

but there's still #2 problem with downloading signature database. I even spinned up a private OpenVPN server and tested it connected to the VPN and still wont work, so it's not a IP blocked problem. I have a feeling it's there anycast CDN that has problems.

Anyways. :) More people will report to the forum when the problem gets worse.

Thanks,

Daniel

Lets try getting a diagnostic log. Please download the following ZIP archive:

Emsisoft_Diagnostic_Batch_File.zip

When you open this ZIP archive, there will be a file inside called Emsisoft_Diagnostic. Just double click on that Emsisoft_Diagnostic file, and if a dialog pops up about the Windows Command Processor from Microsoft then please click the Yes button so that the diagnostic can continue.

Please note that it is possible for the Behavior Blocker in Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Internet Security to display an alert when the diagnostic starts. This is due to the way it requests administrator rights, and is normal. You can safely allow it to run.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad. Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

I even sent Fabian Wosar letting them know that there is a problem with the servers (dl.emsisoft.com and that cdn.emsisoft.com was working) but I didnt get a reply.

I am on sick leave at the moment. Do not send support requests through any other channels than the ones outlined here:

https://www.emsisoft.com/en/support/contact/

If you don't you will almost certainly wait longer for a reply, if you get a reply at all.