pcblues

Unistalling Online Armor help

Hello :)

I'd like some help with uninstalling Online Armor .

Tried the usual way , but it asks for a password I don't recall making , having looked for tips on the net , some suggested uninstalling in Safe Mode , a path I prefer to avoid , once my Win 8.1 laptop was stuck in Safe mode , only way out was System refresh , that took me back to Win 8 and lost all my programs . Painful experience.

I have Online Armor Free in two computers

Lenovo E530 Windows 8.1 64 bit & desktop Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Many thanks in advance !

Cheers , pcblues

Uninstalling in Safe Mode is the best method of getting rid of Online Armor if you have forgotten the password. The only other way involves manually editing settings for your network adapter.

Here's how to do it if you want to try it:

• Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it, usually between the Ctrl and Alt keys) and tap R to open the Run dialog.
  • Type in control netconnections and click OK.
  • Right-click on the network adapter, and select Properties.
  • Look for the OA Helpder Driver in the list.
  • If you find it, click on it to select it, and click on the Uninstall button below the list.

After that, please download Emsiclean from this link (be sure to save it on your desktop), and follow the instructions below to get me a log:
  • Run the Emsiclean download that you saved on your desktop.
  • Read the disclaimer. Note that you must agree to it in order to proceed.
  • Once the scan is finished, simply exit Emsiclean, and do not remove anything.
  • A new file will be saved on your desktop with a log of what was detected. Please attach that to a reply by using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply.
Note: Emsiclean is capable of removing Emsisoft Anti-Malware and Emsisoft Internet Security as well, so if you have another one of our products installed then it is best for us to have a look at the log to make sure that only the correct things get removed.

Hello GT ,

Thanks for the response , I did have a look @ the suggested location  (network adapter/properties) but there's no entry for

the "OA Helpder Driver" , is there another location i should check ?

I'd like to sort the Win 8.1 laptop first , I'll try desktop pc Win 7 tomorrow .

Cheers :)  pcblues

I recommending checking the properties of each network adapter. If you don't find it, then it is more than likely not installed, and you can go ahead and run Emsiclean and post the log for me to review.

Hello GT

I did go back and had another look  @ both network adapters , there's nothing relating to OA Helper  Driver.

Downloaded Emiscan and tried to run it  as instructed  and got this window.. see attached  file

please advise whats next.

post-23273-0-08845500-1463574584_thumb.jpg
Download Image

Is there a typo in that name: ""OA Helpder Driver"?  Shouldn't that be "Helper"?

Yes, it should be OA Helper Driver.

Ops , missed the text file :)

OK, go ahead and run Emsiclean again. Based on what I am seeing in the log, it is safe to select everything listed in Emsiclean, and then click the Remove selected objects button.

Please note that your computer will need to be restarted after doing this, and since Online Armor is still installed you may need to run Emsiclean more than once to ensure that everything is properly removed.

Hello GT

I've run Emsiclean again and it removed everything in one go..and no trace was found after restarting laptop.

I assume same approach will work on win 7 as well .

Many thanks for your help !

Cheers :)  pcblues