Im using a windows 10 laptop with EIS and when i go to protection-firewall-manage networks i have listed wifi,ethernet,Local area connection 8-9-10-12?What is the local area connections?

"Local Area Connection" is the friendly name that Windows gives to wired network adapters.

Perhaps if bryhi1 opens Device Manager then clicks on ''View''...then ''Show hidden devices'' and expands the Network Adapters list, does a screenshot of it,we may have a better idea of what he is talking about.

So what would the "ethernet" in the OP's list of adapters be?

More than likely the name of a network adapter. It can be checked by doing the following:

• Hold down the Windows key on the keyboard (the one with the Windows logo on it) and tap the R key to open the Run dialog.
  • Type in control netconnections (or ncpa.cpl if "control netconnections" doesn't work), and click OK.
The descriptions under the names will give you an idea of which adapter goes to which device.

Now when i look in EIS-firewall-manage networks theres wifi-ethernet-local erea connection 12?i see what wifi and ethernet are but local area connection 12?This is a laptop i dont connect with wired ethernet just use wifi.