Marshall

Emsisoft tray icon don't work

> Are you telling about this ?

No.  "a2start.exe"  in Details.

How did you bring up the GUI screen, shown in your screenshot, if clicking the tray icon did not work?

How did you bring up the GUI screen, shown in your screenshot, if clicking the tray icon did not work?

Perhaps he used the EIS desktop icon.

@Marshall have you rebooted to see if it still won't open from the taskbar icon?

Perhaps he used the EIS desktop icon.

@Marshall have you rebooted to see if it still won't open from the taskbar icon?

Hello stapp,

Thanks, yes of course I click on the desktop icon or I go on Windows 10 "menu".

Yes I tried a reboot and I think a moment that the problem was solved but after few minutes the tray icon will stop to work.

post-43352-0-13103800-1465138511_thumb.png
Download Image

Are you on build 6465?

Did you have any beta builds installed before it updated to build 6465?

Would you prefer help in French?

Lets get a log from FRST, and see if it shows the cause of the issue. Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) from one of the following links, and save it to your Desktop (please note that some web browsers will automatically save all downloads in your Downloads folder, so in those cases please move the download to your desktop):

For 32-bit (x86) editions of Windows:

For 64-bit (x64) editions of Windows:Note: You need to run the version compatible with your computer. If you are not sure which version applies to your computer, then download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your computer, and that will be the right version.
  • Run the FRST download that works on your computer (for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 please right-click on the file and select Run as administrator).
  • When the tool opens click Yes for the disclaimer in order to continue using FRST.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When the scan is done, it will save a log as a Text Document named FRST in the same place the tool was run from (if you had saved FRST on your desktop, then the FRST log will be saved there).
  • Please attach the FRST log file to a reply using the More Reply Options button to the lower-right of where you type in your reply to access the attachment controls.
  • The first time the FRST tool is run it saves another log (a Text Document named Addition - also located in the same place as the FRST tool was run from). Please also attach that log file along with the FRST log file to your reply.

Hi GT500

Thanks for your help, I try to continue in English, it's a good training to improve my poor English language ;)

This issue occured Sunday on my home PC. I will be back at home this evening and I can post a FRST log.

The issue don't exist on my professional PC.

I'm seeing software in the log from Zemana, SurfRight, Malwarebytes, BitDefender, and VoodooSoft. From the log, I am assuming that BitDefender's software had been uninstalled at some point, and that I am just seeing a leftover run entry. The only thing from VoodooSoft I am finding is a driver that is not running, so I assume the same is true for it.

Everything else appears to be running real-time protection. If that's correct, then 4 programs running real-time protection would cause problems. We don't usually recommend more than 2, just to cut down on issues caused by multiple security softwares.

Hello

Thanks GT500 :)

You are right I have tested VoodooShield and Bitdefender and uninstalled it.

How can I delete these remaining files ?

Can you tell me if I'm right if I disable MBAM real-time and continue with Emsisoft Internet Security + Zemana + HitmanPro.Alert ?

Disabling Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from starting when Windows does should be OK. I'm not sure if leaving both Zemana AntiMalware and HitmanPro.Alert running alongside Emsisoft Internet Security is going to be OK, but you can try it and see if it is. You can also try adding exclusions if you absolutely want to keep this particular combination of software.

Hello GT500

I apologize to continue with this issue.

This Sunday I have more time to spend at home and I noticed the same problem with Emsisoft Tray Icon.

I also noticed that there is not any pop-up notification (definitions updates, private life risks).

I try to uninstall ZAM and HPA but this does not solve the problem :(

Do you have an idea to help me ?

Thanks.

Try running another scan in FRST, and post the new log for me. I'll write a fix to get rid of any leftover drivers from security software that has been uninstalled, and we'll see if that helps.

Hello GT500

Thanks for your help.

I have the problem on Saturday and Sunday ; today since 5 PM EIS Tray Icon works well whitout changing my configuration. I have disabled MBAM and uninstalled ZAM ; continuing to use only HMPA and EIS.

I post the new FRST.

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Please download the following fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

fixlist.txt

NOTE: It's important that both files, the FRST download from earlier and the fixlist file, are in the same location or the fix will not work. If you need to, please copy the files from your Downloads folder to your desktop.

• Run the FRST download from earlier, and press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs to restart your computer, please make sure you let the computer restart normally. After that let the tool complete anything it still needs to do.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop (Fixlog). Please attach it to a reply.

Try following the instructions at this link to start your computer in Safe Mode With Networking, and then run the FRST fix.

If you open EIS, it should say "Partial Protection". In the lower-left if will give some clue as to why that is. Usually it means that one or more of the Guards is not enabled. If you look at the rectangle on the left that says "Partial Protection", right below that it lists the Guards (Surf Protection, File Guard, Behavior Blocker, and Firewall). In front of the name of each Guard is a symbol to show if it is on or off.

If a Guard is on, the symbol will be a check mark. If the Guard is off, then the symbol will be a white circle with an 'X' in it. Just click on the symbol in front of the Guard's name to turn it on or off.

Please note that "Partial Protection" can also indicate issues with downloading updates, although the Windows Security Center is supposed to notify you when this is the case. You can still verify this by opening Emsisoft Internet Security, moving your mouse into the gray box at the bottom that says 'Updates', and click on "Update now" to manually start the update process.

Hello GT500

Thanks.

Today EIS automatically upgrade to version 11.8.0.6486 and then the Tray Icon works fine. :)

So for the moment I didn't try to run FRST fix in Sfe Mode with Networking.

I hope that this problem is definitively fixed.