slopes

Google play

I don't have or need a google account tied to my mobile.

If I purchase a licence key do I still have to download this at google play like the trial version?

Thanks

Dear slopes,

Thank you for contacting our support.

To install Emsisoft Mobile Security I could send you the APK file so that you don't need to log in via Google Play.

However, it is necessary to log in with a Google account to connect Anti-theft and unfortunately for the current version connecting Anti-theft is part of the install procedure and needed in order to use the apps other functionalities. Please note that only username and password are used from an existing Google account. We are looking into the possibility to offer an alternative way to authenticate.

Currently it is only possible to use the Google Account credentials to authenticate. When the app was designed originally we've chosen to only use Google account credentials in favor of less confusion during the sign-up/set-up process but also as more than 99% of all Android users already had a Google account to be able to access the Google Play Store and install apps from there. A further advantage is that such an account offers two-factor authentication. 

I'm sorry that I have no better news for the moment. Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Thank you Thomas,mostly use it as a phone but am online a bit.Nothing against google but they do want a first and last name

when opening a new account through google play? 

You don't need to set your real first and last name for signing up a Google account. But I would save your chosen name, just in case if u ever need to recover your account and Google requires the name for the recovery request

• Upvote 1

You don't need to set your real first and last name for signing up a Google account. But I would save your chosen name, just in case if u ever need to recover your account and Google requires the name for the recovery request

Not to concerned with the name,just really have no reason other than this to get an account.

Thank you for your reply