EAM Automatic Updates Failing

Same issues here on 11 Servers! Workstations seem to be OK.

No more automatic updates - need to go on every server each day and have to run a manual update :-( !

StartScreen show 42 objects in Quarantine, but we cleared the Quarantine for nearly over a week. So it seems that the StartScreen does not reflect the *real* situation.

Some days ago (03. June 2016 / 15:28) the machine stopped with automatic updates till 12. June 09:53, the hourly updates worked again over the day till 18:53. Since then no more automatic updates.

And I've noticed some event log entries like:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: a2service.exe, Version: 11.8.0.6465, Zeitstempel: 0x574f37f3
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ntdll.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.23418, Zeitstempel: 0x5708a857
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000374
Fehleroffset: 0x00000000000bf262
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1b0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d1c02d9c54a22b
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Emsisoft Anti-Malware\a2service.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Berichtskennung: e86b8167-316b-11e6-930e-40f2e9248522

Lets try getting a diagnostic log. Please download the following ZIP archive:

Emsisoft_Diagnostic_Batch_File.zip

When you open this ZIP archive, there will be a file inside called Emsisoft_Diagnostic. Just double click on that Emsisoft_Diagnostic file, and if a dialog pops up about the Windows Command Processor from Microsoft then please click the Yes button so that the diagnostic can continue.

Please note that it is possible for the Behavior Blocker in Emsisoft Anti-Malware/Emsisoft Internet Security to display an alert when the diagnostic starts. This is due to the way it requests administrator rights, and is normal. You can safely allow it to run.

When it's done, it will open a log in Notepad. Please save this log somewhere easy to find, such as on your Desktop or in your Documents folder, and then send it to me in a Private Message so that I can take a look at it.

Important: Don't post the log publicly. It contains a copy of your a2settings.ini file, which contains encrypted license information. If someone were to figure out how to break that encryption, then someone else could use your license key.

• 3 weeks later...

The Update issues on all 11 servers have been resolved due to the latest updates some days ago (6/20/2016). No more problems.

I'm glad to hear that. If you have any further trouble, then please let us know. ;)