Mabroc

Since today EIS seems to block emule from the SERVERS

Yesterday and this morning (21-06-16) emule could connect to the SERVERS on the sharing net, but at the evening when I started it again it just says the port is blocked in the emule LOG and cant login with LowID. If I disable the FIREWALL portion of the suite it works without problems, until I enable it again and less then a minute later emule drops connection with the server.

I have the application listed on APPLICATION RULES with ALL ALLOWED everywhere so I don't understand why NOW IT WANTS TO PARTIALLY BLOCK IT, the KAD Network still works.

Before attempting to troubleshoot this, please note that filesharing networks such as eMule are extremely dangerous, and recommend avoiding them.

Please try the following, and let me know if that helps:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on the Factory defaults button near the upper-right.
  • Make sure that only the option labeled Global firewall rules is selected.
  • Click the OK button to apply the changes.

Tried that and no luck, I put the emule folder and the .exe file too on the WHITELIST section and still didn't worked. It only functions when the firewall is disabled. SFC /Scannow did say some files were damaged but could not be repaired (I ran it from desktop would try from USB repair disk when I come back from work). If everything fail I would try to uninstall it EIS and use it one night without updating it (if emule work with the firewall option enabled).

Any other suggestion you can make? Thanks for your help

There is currently a bug in the firewall in EIS which is causing some applications to be unable to connect to the network. Our developers are working on a fix to this issue. Right now the only workaround is to turn off the firewall when needed.

Hello again, too much work yesterday to be able to post. Well thank you for informing that issue because I was losing my mind, everything work well EXCEPT emule with the firewall enabled, the KD network connects and can download well but no the ED2K servers, as soon as I disabled it everything work right even enabling the Windows 10 firewall.

I tried to unistall, reboot, installing EIS again without updating It and It didn't work either so I updated EIS normally and i'm just keeping the firewall disbled when using emule, using Windows 10 one meanwhile.

Looking forward for a fix then. Thanks for keeping me updated.

You're welcome. Hopefully it won't be very long before we can have a beta with a fix for this.

We have just published a new beta that we hope will address these issues with the firewall blocking things it shouldn't. Here's how to install it if you would like to try it:

• Open Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Click on Settings in the menu at the top.
  • Click on Updates in the menu at the top.
  • On the left, under Update Settings, click on the box to the right of Update feed and select Beta from the list.
  • Click on the Update now button on the right side.

Please be sure to let us know if you have any feedback about the beta.

Thanks for the update, I just finished rebooting after installing the BETA VERSION. Emule seems to be working and connecting to the ed2k servers normally now. If I see anything odd with this version I will let you know.

Thanks!!!

We have released 11.9.0.6513 as a stable update, so feel free to switch back to the Stable update feed if you would like to.

I went back to the stable versions some days ago and everything is still fine. I even change my ISP from ADSL to CABLE and after some PORT FORWARDING work all is still fine. Thank you for your support Arthur.

Have a nice day!