anti malware problem

Hello

I use anti- malware version 5.0.0.53

Platform: x86

The language for Emsisoft is English

Every time I start or restart my computer. all my setups at "configuration" are change to default setup of the program ,Which means, every time after I restart or start my computer, I need to Change the setup again. (That is Happen at configuration- update and popups). I always mark "enable guard on system startup" but it's become unmark- after restart.

thanks

Hi soilentgreen,

Thanks for reporting that.

Are you running any other security.

Then as we discussed previously it may be related to localization.

Please send all details to the developers.

You can post images here: 1st how it looks like as you set them and then - the same screen (main GUI) straight after reboot

Than can you please confirm that the service (a2service.exe) is set Automatic / Started & working

Are there any Errors/Warnings logged regarding the service or any EAM component if you visit system Events (Even Viewer)

My regards

hi lynx,

Are you running any other security.

just windows firewall and anti- malware

Then as we discussed previously it may be related to localization.

I don't think so because it's never happen at version 4.

Please send all details to the developers.

I sent it

Than can you please confirm that the service (a2service.exe) is set Automatic / Started & working

The guard is working. And start automatic (that's what you mean?)

Are there any Errors/Warnings logged regarding the service or any EAM component if you visit system Events (Even Viewer)

no

1st how it looks like as you set them

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

before3.jpg

and then - the same screen (main GUI) straight after reboot

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hi soilentgreen,

I wish any user could answer as detailed as you did ;) Nice work!

Unfortunately I don't have the test PC here at the moment, but I am pretty much sure you'll get it having the "old" images attached by me

The guard is working. And start automatic (that's what you mean?)

Yes that is one of the things I was interested in, but ...

At this particular stage - what I can see is the Guard is switched Off, but you are saying that the Guard is working... how come?

The info you provided is still important but by the main GUI screen I meant the one you are getting straight after hitting Security Status floating menu

and No - when I was talking about the service I meant different

The main GUI

3_MainGUI_old.jpg all are “On”

4_MainGUI_old_someoFeaturesTurnedOff.jpg some are red having “Off” being set

The Services (Admin Tools)

1_ServicesEAM_running.jpg Auto/Started etc.

Task Manger (the native or whatever you are using) sort by the names, please

2-1_TaskManagerGuardRunning.jpg Guard

2-2_TaskManagerServiceRunning.jpg a2service

Cheers!

I know this does not help, but I have not seen this behaviour so far on my Win7 system. Since it was reported elsewhere I have been keeping an eye on it and so far it has not reverted to the default settings.

Have you edited the default permissions on the ..\Program Files\a-squared Anti-Malware folder at all? This can result in unpredictable program behaviour for any installation.

hi lynx,

I wish any user could answer as detailed as you did ;) Nice work!

thank you

At this particular stage - what I can see is the Guard is switched Off, but you are saying that the Guard is working... how come?

I don't understand. I never say that the guard is off. at The main GUI, it always on.

The info you provided is still important but by the main GUI screen I meant the one you are getting straight after hitting Security Status floating menu
The main GUI

ScreenShot001.jpg

The Services (Admin Tools)/ Auto/Started etc.

ScreenShot002.jpg

Task Manger (the native or whatever you are using) sort by the names, please

I use Task Manger of windows

ScreenShot003.jpg

maybe the best solution is to re-install anti- malware?

Hi soilentgreen,

I don't understand. I never say that the guard is off. at The main GUI, it always on
if that is the case – then that setting is fine.

I was referring to your initial statement

...I always mark "enable guard on system startup" but it's become unmark- after restart.
most likely I misunderstood that

I have no other ideas at the moment.

My regards

...I always mark "enable guard on system startup" but it's become unmark- after restart.
most likely I misunderstood that

I didn't explain myself very well, sorry.

I meant at configuration- general, and not at The main GUI.

lynx, maybe the best solution is to re-install anti- malware? what you think?

I didn't explain myself very well, sorry.

I meant at configuration- general, and not at The main GUI.

Oh! that one!... now I see (no apology needed)

As far as I remember I did report that symptom at the very early stage of the public beta, and it was fixed and always working in sync now here, therefore I missed the "Config" screen :unsure:

So, you are saying that the Guard is active & working after reboot but when you look into config the option is unchecked?

... lynx, maybe the best solution is to re-install anti- malware? what you think?

Well despite I don't think you have to rush into that until getting some responses from the developers - that could be the thing to try ... why not?

Cheers!

hi H_D

I didn't edit any default permission.

how can I do it? maybe it will help.

No, don't change the permissions. I have seen examples where people have changed the default permissions assigned to Program Files\... folders and it has resulted in the programs not being able to write to the folders, which of course can result in not being able to update and replace components, so any changes made by the user are effectively discarded when the program exits. Just wanted to make sure.

One thing you could try which solved a similar problem (well sort of) whereby the news pop-up box would allways be checked after a re-boot after i had unchecked it is to right click the asquared anti-malware short cut shield and select "Run as Administrator". You should get a UAC prompt, then do the changes....

Good luck with it :)

That's strange. It is worth asking what the user permissions within the EAM interface are set to for the logged on user that is using the program. Was the program installed using a different account?

Hi

I want to update you:

I re-install anti- malware. The problem of the setups doesn't solved.

Now I have a problem with the guard. it block megaupload.com. The website, does not appear at "host rules", so it mean I can't edit the rule, so I don't have access to the website.

Another problem is that I start to get popups :"One or more files have incorrect file versions". I got it 4 times in the last hour, after I opened anti- malware,after reboot. I read this topic : and I don’t understand how to solve it.

I still not get any responses from the developers.

Good morning, soilentgreen,

Please do not mix cases – let's leave this thread for “not keeping setting(s)” issue

You raised several new questions in your few last posts:

- “incorrect file versions” (there is no official fix” yet published, but as you can see from that discussion - it seems like a just a glitch that does not really mean something is wrong with the versions actually);

- “Surf Protection”;

- Scan freezing

Please ether create new requests or participate in those referred threads you found already

As for “freezing” scan please at leas start from this one – there are few briefly mentioned common advices for investigating such particular matter. We can provide references to the old forum as well in case you will not find them

My regards

p.s. It may be helpful to perform “Clean Uninstall” / reinstall. There is a procedure usually referred.

I performed several “Clean Uninstalls/Reinstalls” of new (v5) version on win 7 x64, but … I am not in a position & don't want to to post “amateur/independent actions” just because I know some tricks … until I will get the confirmation from the developers regarding specifics (if any) concerning new “Clean Uninstall” procedure.

...I re-install anti- malware. The problem of the setups doesn't solved...

Dear A-2 Staff,

How many users of Emsisoft A-2 Anti-Malware 5.XXX have to post the same problems they are ALL having with your surf-protector gizmo? It is broken, KAPUT, fetish, nix, nine, nicht arbiten, but for every legitimate and articulate post I read you come back with an excuse!?! Admit it for God's sake you built and are selling a cyber Edsel (Google that) or an anti-malware prog that is so fickle it blocks browsing, how much more simple can I make that, maybe write in German? U keep asking rubbish questions like what browsers are you using, or maybe it is conflicting with a firewall, or AVG or Avast, NO IT ISN'T! The only one I haven't heard U try to back-peddle your way out of yet is: "Is your computer turned on?" PLEASE GET REAL!!! Too many users all complaining about your prog which IS blocking browsing with every browser known to man, how much more information do you need to tell your engineers that they have over-tweaked the program to the point that just before I uninstalled this rotten-ware hyper-active surf-blocking AM-5 from my Dell custom-built $4,000 Intel© Pentium Core-Duo 4GB RAM/4GhZ speed with NO malware infections and plenty of power/memory to handle any software out there at DSL speeds that they need to re-look the build and quit trying to blame your mistakes on users with thousands of years of accumulated IT knowledge? Your 4 build worked, this has Beta be a joke for what U want end-users to pay for it.

Tues!

• Upvote 1

Hi Sean57, welcome to the forum

1st, please take it easy and then, if you were reading this & some other threads - there were requests of not mixing cases

Please create you own new thread / request.

It is impossible to manage all cases within one thread there could be specifics... some of them you've read already here

They are under investigation

In the newly created thread please start from detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

Describe the specifics & symptoms you are experiencing in details

There some issues with IE8 & Surf Protection as you can see - no issues with FireFox, for example.

Despite I never use IE, except for testing purposes, I posted the scenarios. Have a look about Chrome here - most likely not EAM issue, and IE here

{OffTopic} - recently tried some other browser ... working fine.

IE problem will be solved just be patient please

My regards

I am changing nothing, just adding 1 simple fact to the main focus of this thread, so pull them claws back and stop patronizing me, 'K? Your Guard, Surf Protection and your Host Rules are creatures that are broken, it doesn't matter if it's MSIE-7-8 or Opera or Fire-Fox, I run more, but won't bore U with them on other computers I tried AM-5 (30-day trials) on them all, and ALL failed finally blocking surfing totally after a few updates of Emsisoft poison-ware. Throw A-2 AM-5 into the mix of a working computer and you lose your ability to surf. A-Squared © freeware progs R fine, but AM-5 is overbuilt & mis-coded, do U even understand that term? God... it even started rejecting 'emsisoft.com' cookies and (U gotta love this) blocked your web-site out even with every cookie controller like CC-Cleaner and AWC & Windows Washer plus every browser set to accept your cookies, as far as that abomination of anti-malware junk is concerned [AM-5], it committed patricide and killed off access to it's own home page, you have to laugh, or cry. And PLEASE don't try your "settle down" moderator line with what you KNOW darn-well is a legitimate problem which belongs right here below a bunch of other users from around the world all telling U the very same thing; HELLO! (Refer me 2 another A-2 FAQ URL/thread/topic/forum 2 save face........ I dare U).

G-Day M8!

Funny how the majority of customers don't have any problems with this.

Tone down your responses and add some constructive criticism.

We are here to help and offer our help for free. We don't need such angry, useless postings.

"Funny how the majority of customers don't have any problems with this."

Funny how many users are taking the time to document exactly the same problem,

but I am sure you are working the issue out. Don't cloud your mind folks.

It all comes out in the wash. Ailuropoda melanoleura :rolleyes:

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/en/download/cloud-antivirus/free

Pandemonium reigns FREE as malware stalks the net.

Brrrrrr!

Out of this thread and respectfully pandering the field to the resident experts of Emsisoft.

Your freeware is still pretty good, please don't 'fix' it if it isn't broken :)

hi

thanks Lynx, H_D and Mattchu for your help.

it seems that the problems with the guard,with the scan, and the "One or more files have incorrect file versions" are gone.

about the "setups at configuration" problem, the developers ask me for the registrykey of anti-malware, and it seems that they working on it.

You are welcome, soilentgreen. Thanks for letting us know

Sure that will be fixed and the the developers are "working on it" as you said.

At the same time this & similar problem was raised in different contest & in several threads...

I was asking few times, but nobody answered yet: "What are the File Guard settings?"

I was reporting the issue (since early beta, as far as I remember)

For a few weeks I did not see the said message

... but ... I reset the File Guard for checking "onExecution" only, which I think is & was quite sufficient enough.

As soon as I got the PC back recently I changed it back for checking "onAccess"

As soon as I did that - I do have the same "versions"- message back on every reboot when I am checking the Security Status and/or trying Manual Update

My regards