Sign in to follow this  
Martin Lemburg

USB Version a-squaredFree and Commandline missing DLL

Hello,

this post is not the first about this problem, but I didn't found a solution, so ... :(

I downloaded a2usb.zip, extracted it (no files missed!) onto my USB media (NTFS formatted) and tried to run it (on Windows 7 64bit).

a2free denies to run, because it misses a2framework.dll, even if it exists in the same folder, than the started executable.

Any thought, why this happens and what I can do?

Best regards,

Martin

Hi Martin, welcome to the forum

Can you be more specific about running USB edition?

Are you really running it from the USB Strick/Flash drive?...

I mean, not copying it into hard drive or not running from the external USB media that has a hard dive - that is important!

That was an issue & discussed several times here in the forum (please search new & old forum). Please clarify that.

I did run the latest "Emsisoft Emergency USB Stick files" using win 7 x64 & it was fine ... will test in again soon

{added} As for the Command Line Scanner (CLS) - you can run it

- from within the main EAM installation folder

or

- from USB Stick

or

copying it into hard drive and running from any folder (actually there is a separate CLS package as well)

My regards

Martin,

In addition to some points made above ….

I downloaded the latest package & ran it from USB Stick (which is iPod Shuffle; FAT32 though for compatibility) connected to Win 7 x64

As you can see from the images below all were running as expected including the Behavioural Blocker Alerts, since full EAM is installed there

Pleas ask if you have any additional questions ...but the main point there were no Error Messages re: a2framework.dll

1_iPpodSuffleConnected2Win7x64.jpg iPod Shuffle (USB 1GB Flash) connected to win 7x64

2_a2freeSrarted_RunUpdateRecommended.jpg a2Free GUI stared 1st time – on-line Update Recommended

3_ScannStared_BB_KickedIn_Allowed.jpg EAM's Behavioral Blocker Alert since full package installed – Allowed

4_a2FreeGUI_UpdateRunningFromUSBStick.jpg a2Free GUI – Update stared

6_UpdateUSBStickFinishedSuccessfully.jpg a2Free GUI Update finished successfully

5_SmartscanRunningFrom_UsbStick.jpg GUI Smart Scan Started

Command Line Scanner (CLS) running from USB Flash stick

Keep in mind that there will be BB Alerts as well if the full Package is already in place

7_CLS_UpdateFromStickRunning.jpg CLS /U - parameter passed & the Update started

8_CLS_UpdateFromUSBFinished.jpg CLS the update ended successfully

My regards

Hello,

a2framework.dll error notifications may appear while using or installing certain programs, when Windows startup or even shutdown. a2framework.dll errors are caused by situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the a2framework.dll. In some cases, those errors could indicate mostly a registry problem, a virus or malware issue.

please read this post:http://forum.emsisoft.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=4099

Hi Ray,

Can you please be more specific about the quote, because I cannot find that neither in the thread referred nor in the subsequent thread (unless I am really tired :)), and the that was about the installed version & the reinstallation helped

This one does not need any installation

My regards

P.S. {added} if you found that phrase here

bad_rated_site.jpg - that is not very reliable source