bill555

Possible program fault

I just installed a-Squared HiJackFree 3.1 on clean install Windows XP SP3. I reformatted a hard drive, installed XP with SP3, Did NOT connect to the internet during or after the installation.

I installed HiJackFree and took screen shots of the results. I then connected to the internet for the very first time and clicked on "Online Analysis” and received some very interesting results. This is one of the BAD items I clicked on, there were several others.

Name: explorer.exe

Good: 2

Bad: 1

Status Filename Path Description

explorer.exe

%systempath%\ Trojan.Zapchas.ac

explorer.exe

%winpath%\ The Windows explorer manages the Windows Graphical Shell including the Start menu, taskbar, desktop, and File Manager.

explorer.exe

%winpath%\shim\ RunAsAdmin Explorer Shim is a tool that lets administrators keep and easily use their administrative rights but still enjoy safety of using least privileged accounts.

Please Explain.

Hi bill555, welcome to the forum

1) As for HiJackFree - Please be very (!) careful with this Tool - do not quarantine/delete anything when & if you see "yellow & red faces"

The Utility is for experienced users only! (as it's written in the documentation)

It is showing "the possibilities" & previously (historically) correctly flagged items

I will post the links i our old forum with some explanations.

... But if your system is misbehaving - please tell & we post the reference to the standard procedure , where the certified expert professional will assist you in case you are suspecting malware presence

2)

installed XP with SP3, Did NOT connect to the internet during or after the installation...
Please provide more detailed information about your System Environment as in Forum Posting Rules #2)

My regards

p.s. if you want to go ahead straightaway and analyze your system then

=======

Read the following instructions

START HERE, if you don't we are just going to send you back to this thread <--click

Prepare and post (attach) the required log files into Malware Removal section of the forum

(create new thread there)

Wait for reply from ShadowPuterDude, Katana, or JeanInMontana

for assistance and further instructions.

=======

Translation Links for Forum Instructions

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you mean about "It is showing "the possibilities" & previously (historically) correctly flagged items"

Bill

Hi bill555, your reply is much appreciated

If you still need the references, please PM me

but basically please do not panic :)

Cheers!