J. L.

A-squared Free 5?

Currently I'm using A-squared Free 4.5, but there doesn't seem to be a new version.

The download link redirects to Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5, which I find bloated and annoying. I know about the free license, but it still has a lot of unnecessary features and prompts me about the trial license every time I open it. I only need an on-demand scanner.

Hi J. L., welcome to the forum

1) Please read the description of a new Wizard

You can use 3 day trial without creating an account.

As soon as trial expires you will have Free version (on-demand scanner only) without real-time protection

In addition you should have the “Free license” entry – see Licenses Tab

2) At the moment you can continue using the latest 4.5

I can be wrong and the developers will correct me , but it may be an update issued later for converting from current version to the “free v5” (they may've changed their plans regarding such transformation, I don't have new info yet)

3) You always can download and use Emsisoft Emergency USB Stick Files

No installation required just run a2free.exe from there

My regards

Hi J. L.,

Currently it is the latest 4.5.0.27 version

Yes, it has the same option for activating Explorer Integration (see Configuration)

My regards

Sure, Ray

as it was pointed above it currently 4.5.0.27

At the same time when you are saying the "latest Signatures" those are actually just "pretty much" close to the latest, not more than that.

You have to point out that the user must update straight away after unzipping and continue manual updates

... I have never encountered the case since the Additional (Ikarus) Signatures were introduced that the update is not available following the unzipping of the downloaded package, because additional signatures are delivered very frequently

My regards