JeremyNicoll said

But I don't understand why, if that's the case, "self-protection" doesn't prevent that from happening.

The self-protection protects the running processes and the files in the product folder. It does not protect the registry keys. While I can't say for certain, I expect it's due to compatibility issues (imagine a system freeze in the middle of the System Restore trying to write registry changes while restoring to a restore point and being blocked due to self-protection). Since the Behavior Blocker prevents unknown applications from modifying drivers and services without approval, malware can't abuse this to disable our products. If a legitimate program does for any reason edit/damage registry entries for our products, then a reinstall should fix it.

Weshalb schützt der Selbstschutz von EIS nicht die eigenen Registry-Einträge? Ich verstehe obigen Post von GT500 so, dass damit die einwandfreie Funktion der Windows-Systemwiederherstellung sichergestellt werden soll.

Mir ist es aber wichtiger, dass EIS selbst vollumfänglich geschüzt ist. Sich nur auf die Verhaltenserkennung zu verlassen, die ja auch mal etwas übersehen kann, hört sich für mich erstmal etwas riskant an. Eine Erläuterung und Erklärung würde mich freuen. :)