bjm

HiJackfree Kill Process

Hello Support Forum

I'm new to Forum and A2HiJackFree.

The Process Manager module has option "Kill Process". Is "Kill Process" like Stop Process and Process will be restarted upon requesting/opening the associated application. Is "Kill Process" reversible. May I un-Kill a process just by requesting the application start or do I un-Kill a Process from within A2HiJackFree product module. Does "Kill Process" delete Process from Process List or just change state.

Regards

bjm

Hi bjm,

We all are new to this new Forum, but you are not very new user as we know ;)

Firstly, and that is important (!) - without questioning your knowledge in computers – be very careful with this Utility.

As it is written at the beginning of the manual – this Tool is for experienced users only.

Basically the resulting report whether it is on-line report or locally saved log (several types) should be reviewed by the professional.

As for Killing Processes by HiJackFree / Task Manager / ProcessExplorer or any other Utility capable of doing that please first read about Processes; Processes Trees; possible dependencies; how processes can be created and recreated (despite killing them), what are Parent and Child processes and why the latter may remain "orphaned", so you are not getting the desired effect and those orphans has to be found and stopped separately (command line utilities has to be used in many cases for that), etc. … and so on...

That may not be a trivial procedure.

Yes, in some cases you can do that without any harm and then the process will be recreated upon your request (invoking the program again).

At the same time, if the user don't know what he/she is doing - killing process (and/or it' tree) can have ill effects; cause system instability, loss of data, and other unpleasant implications including System's crash.

There are many articles out there and it is highly recommended to have at least some basic knowledge and experience in order to use “killing techniques” and HiJackFree in particular.

My regards

I've had the app for a few months and have very cautiously & respectfully kept my distance when I view the contents. Granted, even though I thought I understood A2Free. You convinced me to the contrary. I've been sitting on my hands ~ especially with A2HiJackFree.

Regards

bjm

VistaSP2 32bit, IE8, FF3.5.3, NIS09, Secunia PSI, Sandboxie, Glary Utilities Pro, CCleaner, Defraggler, HiJackThis, Belarc, SysProt, UpdateNotifier, UpdateChecker, A2free, A2HiJackfree, on-demand scanners WinDef, MBAM, SAS, A2, Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Hi bjm,

Thanks for reply.

Yes it is better to be careful, but it doesn't mean that you should not use it in order to learn and understand stuff that's going on around ;)

The System Details are important and the idea was to place it as a1rst entry in the every new request if users like to repeat themselves :) or use that as a Signature

My regards

P.S. I removed whole quote from you reply