Sign in to follow this  
Dundertaker

Back-up Mamutu and A2...possible?

Hi;

Is there a way to back-up my settings of Mamutu including the version and the updates all in all?

I ask because in times when I have to uninstall/re-install Mamutu I'd have to go to the whole process of updating again and setting it up again.

Cases when I have to uninstall/re-install Mamutu is most often to check for conflict between another security product/process.

Similarly, can the a2 also be backed-up as what I am asking also?

OA Premium can be backed-up with the settings only. Have tried it a couple of times.

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi Dundertaker, welcome to the forum

No, the backup of the settings is not implemented

Please be more specific about

... including the version and the updates..
that is not very clear (at least to me :) )

Well, probably saving the main settings regarding “all checkboxes” as those were set (ticked) is possible … at the same time if you mean saving the Application Rules/ Behavioural Rules that was discussed previously – saving those may lead to confusions (softly speaking), rather Errors.

The System may change dramatically between reinstallation of security (any). Applications could be:

- uninstalled;

- their location can be changed;

- the version can change – therefore the behavior;

- not speaking of those Apps that could "accidentally" got poisoned … but the user may have those “Excluded” from monitoring or placed in the WhiteList … etc.;

(as a matter of fact, you have to deal with quarantined / whitelisted items / Exclusions before any reinstallation of the security anyway);

- there could be other obstacles

I hope the developers will add to that , because some kinda backup may be implemented in the future, with the ability to check and purge non-existing/ changed items, for example (just a thought)

My regards

p.s. The terminology has changed – there is no “a2”/ “a-squared” anymore – now it's Emsisoft Anti-Malware (EAM)

Hi Lynx :) ;

Thanks for the reply.

You have the answers to my questions and it's clear to me now.

"The System may change dramatically between reinstallation of security (any). Applications could be:

- the version can change – therefore the behavior;"

--- The backing up of the updates including the version change was just a thought to not be inconvenienced whenever I uninstall/re-install Mamutu...have also an idea about it with differential backup say, image backup but haven't really tried it yet. Was gonna ask this when I have asked the Acronis forum on this.

"I hope the developers will add to that , because some kinda backup may be implemented in the future, with the ability to check and purge non-existing/ changed items, for example (just a thought)"

--- That's nice! Yes, indeed. Some firewalls have that feature especially the config set-up files. I hope they consider that.

"p.s. The terminology has changed – there is no “a2”/ “a-squared” anymore – now it's Emsisoft Anti-Malware (EAM"

---:-) The old name just stuck with me...it's like a toothpaste...it's Colgate for me eversince lol:D

Thanks! :)

PS;

Cat lover also huh B) ....have seen quite a few in other forums lately! Cheers! :)